997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

center rad opening

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 03:53 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
center rad opening

still don't get porsche thinking on the giant bowl filling that space when no center radiator is installed...inquiring minds and all like that, there, not a half bad space to mount the euro plate, though now i have holes in the bumper...

Old 04-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I assumed it created downforce at speed.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:07 PM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
?? it is a forward facing bowl that has no wing-like qualities that i can see...am i the only one that has seen/questioned this? i can't believe that either...

Old 04-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Center radiators have been available in kit form for all the modern water cooled Boxsters and 996/997 cars. Building the bumper with the hole makes the modification much simpler and cheaper to do. The hole bowl, or hole plug, is probably an aerodynamic improvement, not an aid mind you, over an empty hole when the radiator is not present given the internal configuration of the bumper.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:09 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
Saw someone on here with the stock bumper that added the GT3 smile up top. Looked cool and have considered myself. Another reason to do it...