997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My Odyssey is over.........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
My Odyssey is over.........

Way back in December I was stopped at a stop sign and a woman in a Tahoe plowed into my rear end....hit me really hard.......my car protected me from even the slightest injury except for my teeth hitting together very hard....but no lasting damage. Except to her.

She was badly hit and I can't describe how bad it felt. Here are the only pics I had the heart to take:

Now....where to take her and of course the dealer had a recommendation and I went to visit them and see their shop....it was impressive and there were many Porsches but it looked crowded and disorganized and worse still I heard some not so wonderful things about them from people I respect but I couldn't find another spot....I almost gave them the car by default.

Then someone on this forum and 6 speed sent me a PM and told me about another place and I called them just the day before the first place was supposed to pick up my car....and I was impressed by speaking to the owner.

Then I went on line and read rave reviews on their work and saw their shop.....my God......I felt saved.

They were Martino's Auto Concepts in Glen Cove, NY and they came and got my car and I was saved! They performed what I can only describe as a miracle and kept me in the loop the entire time....with pictures!!!

Here are a few:

Those are the worst of them........and then it got better......

And then after waiting forever for a few small back ordered parts from Germany......she's home!

All I can say is they are truly artists and if your car is hit it's worth it to find the best because the best can put her together again.

My hat is off to Martino's....to Jon and Joe and all the artists who worked on her and loved her like I do. She's only a car but she'll be with me for the rest of my life until I'm too old to drive her and then she's my nephew's.

Thanks you my friends and if you are anywhere near the NYC area there are none better!

Best,

Tom

Old 04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
That is truly an amazing job. Beautiful 'after' pictures btw. Can I ask what the total cost of repair was for rear end damage like this? Did you have issues with the at fault driver's insurance company taking it to a speciality shop? Congrats, and many happy years of future safe driving.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:11 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Great job on the repair. Glad nobody was hurt.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:20 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Great to hear that 1, somebody on the forum went out of their way to help you (this forum is truly invaluable) and 2, that your car was repaired with great care and attention to detail. Glad to see you are back enjoying her.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM
jordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant futurejordanpryce has a brilliant future
I think I've found my preferred bodyshop. Really great work.

I'd be interested to know the total cost and if you went out of pocket or if the insurance covered it all.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:57 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jordanpryce
I think I've found my preferred bodyshop. Really great work.

I'd be interested to know the total cost and if you went out of pocket or if the insurance covered it all.
I love them!!!!! The best of the best! And sweethearts one and all!

Old 04-23-2012, 06:00 PM
NugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really niceNugeC4S is just really nice
Almost brings tears to my eyes --- CONGRATS!! What color is that btw? I love it.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:30 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Joe does quality work at MAC!

Old 04-23-2012, 07:09 PM
tiyyara will become famous soon enough
Wow great pics.
I also had a recent encounter of that type, C2S against F150.
See my pics in my post, "can you feel my pain"
Parts arrived today, so tomorrow, i am going for more pics to post
Glad all is over

Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by lacrosse
Joe does quality work at MAC!
Unbelievable!!!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:20 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations. She looks perfect.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:23 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Great story and even better ending - car is fixed to perfection, no one was hurt, and someone on the forum helped out!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by NugeC4S
Almost brings tears to my eyes --- CONGRATS!! What color is that btw? I love it.
Turquoise Blue...PTS special order! # 3AS

Old 04-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Wow, that is amazing work. With a hit like that I can understand all the stress you had to endure. The finished product looks flawless - just like taking delivery when the car was new! Enjoy...!

Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
"She's only a car but she'll be with me for the rest of my life until I'm too old to drive her and then she's my nephew's"

I really had tears in my eyes. Thank you Tommy. You ar such an asset to the 6speed community. Great to see your beautiful car back in top shape. I tip my hat to the car, its owner and the guys at MAC.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Odyssey is over.........