997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Lowering 997 with factory aero package...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:08 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Your Euro springs lowers your Carrera 20mm, which would be 10mm more than the stock Carrera S height, which is 10mm lower than the Carrera. With the OEM Aero kit, scraping is present even at Carrera S height due to the overhang of the bumper kit. I have the OEM GT3 bumper on my Carrera S that is lowered another 15mm to GT3 height, and yes, egress and ingress will need to be done with some care to minimize scraping.

Originally Posted by neotorque
I don't know ... but that would make sense, I suppose. Someone here must know that.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:24 PM
neotorque will become famous soon enoughneotorque will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Your Euro springs lowers your Carrera 20mm, which would be 10mm more than the stock Carrera S height, which is 10mm lower than the Carrera. With the OEM Aero kit, scraping is present even at Carrera S height due to the overhang of the bumper kit. I have the OEM GT3 bumper on my Carrera S that is lowered another 15mm to GT3 height, and yes, egress and ingress will need to be done with some care to minimize scraping.
Thanks! Good to know.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Doug L. is on a distinguished road
Folks,

I promised a follow up after calling the trim manufacturer. I spoke with them today and ordered the material to install on the bottom of my spoiler lip. I should have it Friday. I bought the same item Protrim uses. Since I have a arctic silver car, I ordered the silver material. I hope it is a close match, but for what it cost, it was worth the risk. I bought a 50 ft roll of the material and probably should have asked if they sold smaller quantities. I definitely have enough for the life of the car. HeHeHe... The good news is the roll was only a little over $46 delivered to FL. You cannot beat that!

The part number of what I bought was: DGA5042-HG. I am not sure what the DGA refers to, but the "50" means 50 ft and the "42" is the color silver. "HG" refers to high gloss. I am sure the folks in the order department can assist with a color code number for your particular color. I did confirm that the material is colored and is not a painted black material. This should not noticably show scrub marks since the color is in the material. The company to order from is Dawn Enterprises in OH. Their phone number is 800-548-4867. They are super nice folks and accept credit cards. I will update via this thread after install. Good luck to those who give it a try! I now feel comfortable buying some H&R springs and lowering my car.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:42 PM
neotorque will become famous soon enoughneotorque will become famous soon enough
Awesome update, Doug! I guess I got hosed paying $100 for just two applications (but, hey, I got it installed).

I've attached a photo of what it looks like (in white) so people can get a sense of the sort of material it is. The red on the inside is backing for the adhesive strip.

Keep us posted and, please, pics!

EDIT: Just looked on the Dawn Enterprises website and you should make sure you ordered the version with the 3M adhesive (at least, that's the version I have - not sure how the other stuff adheres). The good news is that it comes in more manageable 16 foot rolls! Looks like that is DGAR.

Attached Images  

Last edited by neotorque; 05-22-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:10 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
Very interesting. Please keep us posted. I just need black.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:14 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I have OEM aero kit and I installed Eibach springs which lowers about 1" all the way around. My driveway is really steep and I've enough practice to go in an angle to avoid scrapping. I also used door edge molding from local pepboys which comes in black and some other colors as well.
good luck

Old 07-27-2012, 06:29 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
are u guys buying the door edge or the standard molding?

Old 07-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Faiz,

Read my post number 18 in this thread. The phone number and product number is there for you. Just be sure you get the appropriate color. My car is artic silver and the part number I listed is perfect for my application. I could not find anything of this trim at my local Pep Boys. I think you will need to order over the phone. It is very inexpensive. I have calculated that a 50 foot roll will just barely give you 6 applications. I hope this helps and good luck!

Last edited by Doug L.; 07-27-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:09 PM
aweb108 is on a distinguished road
Do you need the DGAR or DGA?

DGA(length)(color)-G 3/8” Half Round High Gloss Door Edge Guard; Available in 50' rolls
(Example: order a black part as "DGA5002G")
DGA50-G 50' roll

DGAR(length)(color)-HG 3/8” High Gloss 16' or 50’ Roll with 3M Adhesive Tape High SlimLine Door Edge Guard

Old 08-02-2012, 07:06 AM
It must be the DGAR. You definitely want the one with the 3M adhesive tape. The lady I spoke with knew which one. They did not send a receipt of my order for me to confirm the part number. Sorry... A 50 ft roll will give you six applications if you make no mistakes or waste any material when cutting. Good luck!

Old 08-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
This is really great info for protecting the front lip. I have a new lip being painted and installed in a few weeks. I hope I can find a color that looks good with my Slate Gray Metallic paint.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Super Adjuster,

I could not find the color guide on Dawn enterprise's site. However, I did find a color guide that may help you. It is in the link below for one of their customers.

http://beaverstripes.com/shop/index....products_id=18

This is not the same product number I used but does appear to be accurate color codes. For example, for my Artic Silver car, the color code was 42. It looks like the closest color to your car may be gray 83 or perhaps charcoal 40. I will leave that call to you. I did look at their product guide. The product I ordered was definitely DGA5042-HG. See the link below.

http://www.dawn-ent.com/molding/dooredge.htm

I do not have the flat material but the rounder thicker material as shown in DGA-B-R. Good luck with the installation!

Doug

Last edited by Doug L.; 08-02-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 08-03-2012, 12:23 PM
doktordyper is an unknown quantity at this point
other option

hey guys, i have an 06 C4S w/ factory aero, not painted to match and have been using black shoe polish to cover blems. i sand down imperfection and then apply polish. it has worked for me as a great interim solution. i've 2 brand new lips still in box for future install. sourced from FVD, they were about $250 each. i will look into the protrim also. i do plan on installed pss10 damptronic in future, maybe lowering 20mm - 25mm making this more of an issue as car is currently oem ride height

Old 08-07-2012, 10:57 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Anyone order for a carrera white colour? Wondering what colour code would best match the white as the colour charts dont show much difference between the whites.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:03 AM
PM Neotorque. He is the one that told me about this trim and he has a white car. I know he used the white color. Good luck!

Doug

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering 997 with factory aero package...