997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

strange interaction with Suncoast Parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 12:38 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Looks like this thread has taken a turn for the worse when Suncoast decided to ask the 'public' to be the judge.. Shows how well the jury system works.. Lol

Imo, Suncoast should have stayed out of this thread rather than getting involved in a debate over a forum since it appears most members are jumping on the OPs bandwagon.

I am with Dethman.. It is hard to be a vendor/seller these days.

On one hand, u have to competitive with ur pricing since customers can find ten other low prices with a click of a button on the net..

But u also have to give great customer service in order to retain the sale and earn future sales..

But how far can 'customer is always right' attitude go ? After all, Suncoast is not charging retail price.. So their profit margin can not be that high after overhead. It's much easier to bend over for a customer when u stick him for 100-200% mark-up beforehand. God I miss the 1970s when I paid full retail but I got great customer service instead

What is a good customer service anyway? Can u find me a wholesale company that will give free return even if I made the mistake ordering? Zappos? No. They used to be a wholesale shoes co.. But I don't buy from them since they raised their prices and became a dept store. But they do have a great customer service.. So does Nordstrom, where I pay retail to have sales people kiss my a$s. These days, I am lucky if I don't get charged the ridiculous re-stock fee when I buy on-line.

Please try buying from the 'other' part store in pacific north and see if they don't charge u for additional shipping if u ordered the wrong part.. u can give any excuse for the return since I am sure they've heard it all before.. I just wanna see how the other wholesaler handles it..

Since everyone seems to agree suncoast dropped the ball, I am sure I will get flamed for this.. But my fire suit is on.

Btw op I do understand u r frustrated since u ordered the 'correct' part and received the wrong part and did not deserve the additional charge.. Cest la vie

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 07-15-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Jay9722 is infamous around these parts
I will still buy from Suncoast. Before my bad experience I would go directly to their website without shopping other sources, from now on I will shop around before buying.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:05 PM
jeffreyjames is infamous around these parts
I'm on the OP's side, but you do make good points here.

Originally Posted by crazycarlitos
Looks like this thread has taken a turn for the worse when Suncoast decided to ask the 'public' to be the judge.. Shows how well the jury system works.. Lol

Imo, Suncoast should have stayed out of this thread rather than getting involved in a debate over a forum since it appears most members are jumping on the OPs bandwagon.

I am with Dethman.. It is hard to be a vendor/seller these days.

On one hand, u have to competitive with ur pricing since customers can find ten other low prices with a click of a button on the net..

But u also have to give great customer service in order to retain the sale and earn future sales..

But how far can 'customer is always right' attitude go ? After all, Suncoast is not charging retail price.. So their profit margin can not be that high after overhead. It's much easier to bend over for a customer when u stick him for 100-200% mark-up beforehand. God I miss the 1970s when I paid full retail but I got great customer service instead

What is a good customer service anyway? Can u find me a wholesale company that will give free return even if I made the mistake ordering? Zappos? No. They used to be a wholesale shoes co.. But I don't buy from them since they raised their prices and became a dept store. But they do have a great customer service.. So does Nordstrom, where I pay retail to have sales people kiss my a$s. These days, I am lucky if I don't get charged the ridiculous re-stock fee when I buy on-line.

Please try buying from the 'other' part store in pacific north and see if they don't charge u for additional shipping if u ordered the wrong part.. u can give any excuse for the return since I am sure they've heard it all before.. I just wanna see how the other wholesaler handles it..

Since everyone seems to agree suncoast dropped the ball, I am sure I will get flamed for this.. But my fire suit is on.

Btw op I do understand u r frustrated since u ordered the 'correct' part and received the wrong part and did not deserve the additional charge.. Cest la vie

Old 07-15-2012, 02:40 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mbenzf1
i agree with many of the comments posted in this tread. Having a "vote" by 6speed members to determine the outcome of a $10 dollar refund is asinine. The damage done by this thread is 100x worse then refunding the $10 dollars, sending the member a free filter and committing him a "suncoast" buyer for life would have been my first order of business.

Op, i'll give you credit, i personally would have just called amex and let them handle this, i wouldn't have had the patience to go back and forth. Suggest upgrading your cc?

While i understand that your (suncoast) prices are heavily discounted, you're pleading your case to forum of 911 owners. Reputation counts for everything in this business. While $10 is insignificant in total, to anyone on this forum, it's the principal that counts. As many have mentioned, i'll start shopping around.

Side note: Amex would have just charged back the merchant after a 2 minute call to customer service. I've experienced bad customer service in the past, i let amex handle it. It really isn't worth the effort or "satisfaction" you'll gain battling the merchant. We're little guys, let your plastic do the talking for you, they have big guns!

x2....

Old 07-15-2012, 06:50 PM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by amge63
@ Suncoast...Whatever happened has already happened. But the biggest mistake would be for Suncoast to drag this out even further than necessary by asking the forum members to vote. I would venture to guess you do not have one unsatisfied customer now, you have a few more that are hesitant to do business with you in the future.

I fully understand Suncoast do not want to just bend over and fix every customer problem. But we're looking at a whole lot of grey instead of black and white here.

At the end of the day. You're a profit making enterprise that NEEDS customers. You had a good reputation, why blow it all up now?
Well, here we are on Sunday night. This pretty much turned out to how I predicted. Eek!

It's not a perfect world, and mistakes happen on both sides...I hope Suncoast and the OP can resolve this thing amicably on Monday when Suncoast reads how the forum has "voted". (Be careful what you wish for...)

In my business, I tell my team that customers aren't always right, but we have to make them FEEL they are right. I still deal with fubars on occasion, but it doesn't mean people have to walk away mad at each other.

Name:  RK.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  21.2 KB

Old 07-15-2012, 07:17 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
well honestly I order from them one time before and the transaction went well, so maybe I got lucky , but anyway I will still shop wherever the item I want has the best price, whether its Zappos or Nordstorm...lmao!!!!

Old 07-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Wanderingwheelz is infamous around these parts
Not only am I a Porsche enthusiast, I am also the owner of high-end retail clothing stores. Suncoast dropped the ball badly here. Period, end of story.

You should NEVER ever deal with a customer complaint on a forum like this one by taking a vote. That is something a 14 year old would do on Facebook. An immature 14 year old, at that.

And the fact it was over a $10 item makes the whole situation practically laughable. I mean, really? $10?? I feel like mailing the guy a $10 bill out of my wallet as an apology for retailers world-wide!

Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:31 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by suncoastric
We reviewed the order, the website functioned properly and the wrong product was selected. The order confirmation reflected that too. You were very frustrated, and there were forum threats when we asked you to split reponsibility. That's our normal procedure for an incorrect purchase, we said we would exchange it and would pay to send the replacement. We don't have Zappos budget, we're wholesalers not retailers.

PS Porsche-> You mentioned the upsale thing, and that's a great point. But he told us that he didn't use the upsale thing, that he only shopped in the 997 category. I'll ask the group........should we ditch that automated upsale thing? Will folks add upsale things without reading a description? Most sites I've purchased from have these, and I never viewed it as a problem.

I'll ask for the forum members to be the judge and jury. You have both sides, you make the call! Suncoast Guilty? Vote now!

We're not making light of this situation, but we'd like the community feedback at this point. Have a great weekend folks, we will chat Monday.

Ridiculous response........"Does he want to shoot for losing all the the business Johnny?"

Tom

Old 07-16-2012, 04:49 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
My wife has a saying I always live by in my business "The customer isn't always right, but the customer is ALWAYS the customer"

Viloate that at your own peril!

Old 07-16-2012, 07:45 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
The biggest problem with this thread for Suncoast is the Pacific dealer. I only ordered through Suncoast because I didn't know the other dealer existed. I'd advise Suncoast to PM a mod and have this thread deleted/removed. Longer this stays on top, the more customers they'll lose.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 AM
johngoga is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 808c2s
There is another dealer that has lower pricing than Suncoast.
Please do share.

Thank you,

John

Old 07-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Scotsskier is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MBENZF1
The biggest problem with this thread for Suncoast is the Pacific dealer. I only ordered through Suncoast because I didn't know the other dealer existed. I'd advise Suncoast to PM a mod and have this thread deleted/removed. Longer this stays on top, the more customers they'll lose.
And why should it be deleted? To me it is perfectly fair for it to remain in the public domain to allow people to make up their own minds. IMHO sun coast shot themselves in the foot with their strange response on this thread.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Scotsskier
And why should it be deleted? To me it is perfectly fair for it to remain in the public domain to allow people to make up their own minds. IMHO sun coast shot themselves in the foot with their strange response on this thread.
I'm saying if I were Suncoast, I'd want it deleted.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Scotsskier is infamous around these parts
Yes, I amsure they would like that! Looks to me like suncoast had a couple of beers when they made that post about forum voting!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:17 AM
jeffreyjames is infamous around these parts
I would be surprised if 6speedonline would want to shoot themselves in the foot also and protect the vendor on this one, that would lack integrity.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: strange interaction with Suncoast Parts