997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

strange interaction with Suncoast Parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:26 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Disclaimer: I have had nothing but positive dealings with Suncoast.

Having said that I am sure, like has often been said, there are two sides to every story and somewhere in between is the truth. Let the OP and Suncoast work it out between themselves. No sense in bashing either party here.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:10 PM
997S.Aero will become famous soon enough
^ +1

Old 07-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos

i am not jumping to any conclusion.

just saying you had a chance to review your order before finalizing it.

like 808c2s suggested (twice) - contact ric or eric directly to see if they can sort this out for u

But a customer should not be expected to be an afficionado in the breakdown of a string of letters and numbers that make up part numbers. If you are in the Carrera section and click a part, you expect to get a part that works on the Carrera . You should n't then have to double check the part numbers the website ended up selecting.. you should trust they did it correctly. In this case we website did it wrong.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:15 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Minok
But a customer should not be expected to be an afficionado in the breakdown of a string of letters and numbers that make up part numbers. If you are in the Carrera section and click a part, you expect to get a part that works on the Carrera . You should n't then have to double check the part numbers the website ended up selecting.. you should trust they did it correctly. In this case we website did it wrong.
of-course if u click on a specific part, u expect that particular part to be ordered..

but who knows what really happened in this particular case..

website malfunction? user error? work of the devil? Act of God ?

all i know is when i try to duplicate the 'error', i end up with the right part for my car.

u try it:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/category/PO.html

select 997 2005-2008
select Carrera S
select Maintenance under Engine
add to cart carrera air filter 997
select Carrera
and it shows 997 air filter: carrera air filter - 997 model: 99611013152 in my cart..

how can u simply blame the vendor ?

Old 07-16-2012, 02:58 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Regardless of which party is at fault, Suncoast's approach to resolving this situation was rather unbecoming of a well known and well respected dealer on this forum. I hope Suncoast will take a closer look at the various comments made by forum members and see if they can learn and improve from this situation. That would involve putting aside one's pride and really looking at what happened.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:26 PM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
The fact that I've personally received over 10 PM's asking for the name of the Other dealer sums it up right there.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:29 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
There were some comments earlier about deleting this thread.

Moderators on this forum have been asked not to take down, delete, remove or close threads like this. It is for the membership to decide what is right and wrong, provided that actual factual information is provided without misrepresentation.

I'd like take off my moderator hat for a moment. I'm not posting this because I am a moderator, but because I'm an car enthusiast, a Porsche owner, and someone who does internet business/shopping daily.

I have spent well over $8K-10K with Suncoast in the years that I have owned my Porsches. I understand mistakes happen. Sometimes it is the customer, sometimes it is the vendor. I'm not sure if anyone has been able to replicate the website problem, and every time I order, I have the opportunity to review the invoice before I click order.

Nonetheless, I understand the OP's frustration with the situation, as well as Suncoast's initial response. My understanding is that Ric has tried to resolve the situation by refunding payment. But I understand if the OP won't go back to Suncoast.

I don't speak for Suncoast or Ric, but I have to believe that his comments about "voting" weren't well thought out. I don't think that this is a pattern of behavior, and in the years that I've been on this forum, have never seen him post anything to question his professionalism. I think he regrets it. But unlike things said, things "typed" can not be taken back.

In my eyes, Suncoast has supported this forum, and countless members. They provide common parts needed for reasonable prices. They provide technical advice on projects to add accessories or upgrades. For years, they provided free VIN decoding to any member here. Ric has procured Exclusive options that are not accessible without appropriate VINs.

I think Ric is working with the OP to make amends. As regrettable as his comments may have been, I do not believe his prior comments are representative of the kind of business he is associated with. Everyone says or "types" things that they wish they could retract.

Last edited by bbywu; 07-16-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: see OP's final post. thread is closed per OP's request and prerogative
Old 07-16-2012, 03:30 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 808c2s
Regardless of which party is at fault, Suncoast's approach to resolving this situation was rather unbecoming of a well known and well respected dealer on this forum. I hope Suncoast will take a closer look at the various comments made by forum members and see if they can learn and improve from this situation. That would involve putting aside one's pride and really looking at what happened.
well said.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:01 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mbenzf1
the fact that i've personally received over 10 pm's asking for the name of the other dealer sums it up right there.
11?

Old 07-16-2012, 06:05 PM
RickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud of
So this thing went more "viral" than I intended.

While I was frustrated and perplexed by my interaction with Suncoast, after a weekend's reflection, I feel badly. I was a large company C-level for 15 years and, after leaving corporate, my retirement job is as CFO for a large food bank. It's my way of giving back, and as a side benefit I'm gaining some compassion that is sometimes lacking in the for-profit world. My career background tends to make me look at everything through a customer experience lens. In this case, my business assessment may have been fairly accurate, but it was lacking in empathy. Basically, a betrayal of the softer skills I'm learning at the food bank.

The voting suggestion was clearly regrettable, but who couldn't picture themselves doing something similar in the heat of the moment - frustration runs both ways. I worked from home today, so I don't know if Suncoast reached out me. Suncoast is still in my favorites folder and it will remain there - and - be used in the future.

Let's write this off as a Friday the 13th thing. I did ship the parts back on Saturday and they will stay returned. Karma works in strange ways, and the superstitious part of me says that those particular parts are jinxed and I don't want them on my P-car.

Moderator, as the OP, I request that the thread be removed. Is that my prerogative? Or, we could vote on it.

Last edited by RickinColorado; 07-17-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:41 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
RickinColorado has asked that I leave this open for 48 hours then close it up.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:27 AM
paddyh is on a distinguished road
So - if we have to vote -my vote is Suncoast 0 OP 1.

Suncoast, as right as you might feel you are, it's 'your' confusing website. You have risked your reputation for a $10 shipping fee, in the court of public opinion. I wouldn't have done that.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:26 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Since the thread is still open (!) I would only add that while the internet has been a huge benefit to all of us, it still has its pitfalls. Nice to see the OP recant a bit. Frankly, you have NOTHING to complain about. I would only add my most recent internet FU to make you feel better. I ordered a BBQ over the internet. Looked like what I want and there were MANY to choose from. Well, I ordered a natural gas BBQ, not a propane BBQ! And worse, I only figured it out AFTER I built it. Couldn't return it either!!! The internet seller kindly credited by account for $75 AND offered to help me out buying another one. REALLY a bummer. To complain publicly about needing to pay shipping on a return? A bit extreme. Are we poor people owning Porsches? Anyway, the internet is a great place to shop, but it doesn't offer customer service. If you want service, order by phone and TALK to someone. Anyone you talk to is not going to put a Boxster filter into your order for your Carrera. Just like I wouldn't have ended up with a natural gas grill!!!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:58 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't judge Suncoast for just one "incident". Do a search and see that they have been always great with customer service. They've always done good in my 6 year experience with them...

Old 07-17-2012, 08:29 AM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Suncoast

Originally Posted by JoelPirela
I wouldn't judge Suncoast for just one "incident". Do a search and see that they have been always great with customer service. They've always done good in my 6 year experience with them...
I have bought from them over 10 times. Problem once was fixed easily.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: strange interaction with Suncoast Parts