997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is there a way to set a horn / lock notifcation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 04:17 PM
jeffreyjames can only hope to improve
Is there a way to set a horn / lock notifcation?

When I lock my car, it doesn't give a small beep of the horn to let me know it's locked. Is there a way to make this happen? 2010 911 S.
Thx!

Old 08-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Great question! I know the 991 series now emits a short beep when you lock the car, and even that's almost inaudible. I've looked through the owner manual on my '08 and can't find anything related to that function (audible beep).

(It would be nice to have the turn indicators click a bit as well...)

Old 08-08-2012, 04:37 PM
jsimon77 is on a distinguished road
I added the OnTouchTop feature on my 2009 992.2 Cab and as part of that you can set the horn to beep on lock and unlock.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:03 PM
ecostellodo is on a distinguished road
you have to buy the smarttop (for cab) or smartkey for coupe module.

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/in...products&cat=1

Old 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by jeffreyjames
When I lock my car, it doesn't give a small beep of the horn to let me know it's locked. Is there a way to make this happen? 2010 911 S.
Thx!
My lights flash on mine. To get audiable, you have to click the lock button before you close your door....then the horn will chirp.

Other option....smart top remote. That looks like a nice option.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I believe you can also code this feature with the pro version of the Durametric cable/software.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:40 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by IslandS62
I believe you can also code this feature with the pro version of the Durametric cable/software.
Really? I have the standard cable...I will have to call them about that.

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2012, 10:27 AM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Originally Posted by ecostellodo
you have to buy the smarttop (for cab) or smartkey for coupe module.

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/in...products&cat=1
Yikes. $299.99 to get your horn to beep when you lock the car. I agree that something is needed because it gets confusing to know if you actually locked the car or not.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:30 AM
jsimon77 is on a distinguished road
On the 997.2 Cab it's actually 399 but has other great features.
- Open and close top and windows from key
- One touch open and close top from inside button
- One touch open and close of all 4 windows at the same time (don't need to change the rocker switch)
- A few others I can't remember.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Makes sense if you have a convertible. For us hard top people, 400 to honk when lock and open/close windows.. meh..

The other thing I scratch my head about is the fact that they don't have a one touch to roll up passenger window, only drivers. hmmmmm... Oh well, they really aren't the type of company to argue with.

At the same time, I do appreciate that they don't focus on all the gadgets/bells and whistles.. BMW did that, and it eventually became a turn off. ie: iDrive..

Old 08-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by jeffreyjames
Makes sense if you have a convertible. For us hard top people, 400 to honk when lock and open/close windows.. meh..

The other thing I scratch my head about is the fact that they don't have a one touch to roll up passenger window, only drivers. hmmmmm... Oh well, they really aren't the type of company to argue with.

At the same time, I do appreciate that they don't focus on all the gadgets/bells and whistles.. BMW did that, and it eventually became a turn off. ie: iDrive..
Jeffrey,

If you hold the button for the passenger side until the window goes half way...it will go the rest of the way up. Wish it had the same feature as the drivers side.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Ahhh.. Thank you.. Good to know.

Originally Posted by RaidersR1
Jeffrey,

If you hold the button for the passenger side until the window goes half way...it will go the rest of the way up. Wish it had the same feature as the drivers side.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:27 AM
jrancic2000 is on a distinguished road
I like the stealthiness of activating it silently.
Two flashes indicates it is locked when you press the remote.
One flash indicates it is unlocked.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:09 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IslandS62
Code what feature - honk on lock? No, Durametric won't do that.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
My lights flash on mine. To get audiable, you have to click the lock button before you close your door....then the horn will chirp.

Other option....smart top remote. That looks like a nice option.
Tried this last night, and it worked. Thanks!

Now... About those non-clicking turn signals that don't remind us silverbacks that our blinkers are still on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is there a way to set a horn / lock notifcation?