997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyone going to the US Grand Prix in Austin?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:21 PM
texas355 has a spectacular aura abouttexas355 has a spectacular aura abouttexas355 has a spectacular aura about
Anyone going to the US Grand Prix in Austin?

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_det...t_diagram.html
I have a 3-day general admission pass. My buddies who wanted to go didnt to buy tickets, and now they're sold out.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
If I lived near there, I'd consider it. I'll enjoy it more from in front of the TV I think.
Hopefully, whomever got the rights to all F1 from SPEED, will not screw up the coverage the way FOX does when they currently cover it by trimming and cutting down the coverage.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:03 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Not me, but my brothers are going - they also have the 3-day pass..

Old 10-24-2012, 04:04 PM
marlon 997 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 10-24-2012, 04:08 PM
sullic is on a distinguished road
Austin F1

I'm headed down from DC with my GF. I agree that it is easier to enjoy on TV, but Austin is a fun town, and this is the 1st race. This should be a fun weekend trip.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:56 AM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Minok
If I lived near there, I'd consider it. I'll enjoy it more from in front of the TV I think.
Hopefully, whomever got the rights to all F1 from SPEED, will not screw up the coverage the way FOX does when they currently cover it by trimming and cutting down the coverage.
Speed sucks especially varsha who is a ******. I watch british f1 feeds. No commercials, great commentators, and rarely any buffering. I use expat shield to get a UK ip address.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
I'll be there...

Old 10-25-2012, 08:15 AM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hakaida
Speed sucks especially varsha who is a ******. I watch british f1 feeds. No commercials, great commentators, and rarely any buffering. I use expat shield to get a UK ip address.
Was duty stationed in the UK from 1998-2001. I miss Murray Walker. F1 Commentators on Speed are just plain boring.

"Eight minutes past the hour here in Belgium - and presumably eight minutes past the hour everywhere in the world".

Old 10-25-2012, 08:28 AM
texas355 has a spectacular aura abouttexas355 has a spectacular aura abouttexas355 has a spectacular aura about
Cool, I was just curious. I will be going to the race solo. I am interested in meeting people and hanging out at the race.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:28 AM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Personally I like Speed and there coverage.They have only been doing it for 17 years,they must be doing something right! NBC will be taking over the broadcasting 1n 2013 for a 4 year contract.I do hope they perform well because I have watched F1 for many a year!

Old 10-25-2012, 10:04 AM
roelricardo will become famous soon enough
I am a big fan of F1, this year I went to Montreal grand Prix and it was fantastic, I didnīt buy tickets, for sure next year if still on the calendar I will go, I heard that there are not good relation between the owners of the circuit and Mr. Berni!!!

Attached Images  
Old 10-25-2012, 02:32 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ
Personally I like Speed and there coverage.They have only been doing it for 17 years,they must be doing something right! NBC will be taking over the broadcasting 1n 2013 for a 4 year contract.I do hope they perform well because I have watched F1 for many a year!
I think its all about what your used to, and I was not attacking the quality of Speed's broadcast. ITV (if my memory serves) in the UK had the contract for years, and the production was simply great. I enjoyed the broadcast on qualifying and race day. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Speed, but I tend to Tivo it now, and just skip through most of the pre and post race chatter because I don't find it all that interesting. My point was, given the choice, UK broadcasting of F1 was hands down better. Who knows if NBC will do the same type of broadcast (30 mins prior/post broadcast) as Speed. We'll see.

To the OP, I'm skipping Austin this year, but we already have our airline tickets to Germany next July. Still don't know for sure where the race will be in Germany but I have hotels booked near Cologne as well as Karlsruhe just to be on the safe side.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:46 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
I attack speedtv and fox whenever I can. If you ever watch f1 on bbc or sky (yes they share rights) you would see that the speedtv crew is downright awful. There's way too many commercials, they are sometimes very biased at mclaren and especially lewis hamilton while ferrari and alonso and red bull and vettel can do no wrong, and because they assume that every american watching a race is their first time watching an f1 race that weekend they dumb down the commentating. The preshow for f1 in the uk is also far superior. Just download the pre-race, race, and post-race coverage a few hours later off of a torrent site and compare the two.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:11 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roelricardo
I am a big fan of F1, this year I went to Montreal grand Prix and it was fantastic, I didnīt buy tickets, for sure next year if still on the calendar I will go, I heard that there are not good relation between the owners of the circuit and Mr. Berni!!!
bernie is high priced fisherman going for any sucker venue he can bleed dry with his flim flam, then dump after he gets the checks.

austin didnt need this, but now they are stuck with it, i hope im wrong about the long term, but i doubt it.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by cuemaster
bernie is high priced fisherman going for any sucker venue he can bleed dry with his flim flam, then dump after he gets the checks.

austin didnt need this, but now they are stuck with it, i hope im wrong about the long term, but i doubt it.
I hear you! Well, try this one on. Fly 10,000 miles, spend $700 on race tickets plus many more $$$ on vacation, etc. Get to see qualifying and 25 laps in the pouring rain before the race is called.

Here was my shot from the stands during the formation lap. Three years later and I'm still interested in a few choice words to whomever thought it smart to move the race to 5pm local time for European TV viewers. F@$@ers...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone going to the US Grand Prix in Austin?