997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Collection of 997 Narrow Body Rear Wings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by spoddle
I'm not sure how you're coming up with $10k as a rough estimate to add a turbo wing? Based on what I've seen you could probably pull it off for around $5k-6k.

Turbo Wing Cost Breakdown
$1500-2500 (used wing) search and you'll find one
$300 (roughly) new harness specific to turbo wing
$2000 paint
$5k-6k out the door (if your not the DIY install type then figure more for labor)

Some tweaking is involved in getting the ducts to align correctly but from what I've read it's nothing major.
im thinking about tackling this project, love that wing- I saw 2 write ups, one of them the op said was very complicated & required a lot of work on the NB...but the other said it wasn't that big of a deal... Still thought even 5-7k for a wing is a bit steep for me..i've spent so much on mods so far..need to take it easy

Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Ian c2 will become famous soon enough
How much wider is the turbo wing compared the the two white ones I was asking about on page 1?
I am considering this too as its the most subtle of the factory offerings.

I can't see any differences in fitting it on wide or narrow as that part of the car is the same.
Differences in 997.1 and 997.2 as there are differences within the engine bay.

Last edited by Ian c2; 12-02-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:16 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ian c2
How much wider is the turbo wing compared the the two white ones I was asking about on page 1?
I am considering this too as its the most subtle of the factory offerings.

I can't see any differences in fitting it on wide or narrow as that part of the car is the same.
Differences in 997.1 and 997.2 as there are differences within the engine bay.
the problem comes from fitting the hydraulics for the spoiler to be functional and the engine compartment fan with the stock air box.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by killacam
the problem comes from fitting the hydraulics for the spoiler to be functional and the engine compartment fan with the stock air box.
cam, i have the EVOMS air intake, not the stock air box, does this make things easier?

Old 12-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Ian c2 will become famous soon enough
From what little I have read that is the solution for 997.1s

Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
air box

when i did the 997TT rear wing conversion I swapped stock air box for Evo air box and all fit great....

Originally Posted by Tarek307
cam, i have the EVOMS air intake, not the stock air box, does this make things easier?

Old 12-03-2012, 06:36 AM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
paint

Your paint quote is a bit high....more like 1K

Don't need a harness just need someone that knows these cars to wire correctly and has access to the cars wiring diagrams.... and will need a new air box (Evo fits great and sounds good) as stock will rub agianst hydraulics of the 997tt set up....its some work but worth it! You can get out of it for 4-5K imo....all in.

im thinking about tackling this project, love that wing- I saw 2 write ups, one of them the op said was very complicated & required a lot of work on the NB...but the other said it wasn't that big of a deal... Still thought even 5-7k for a wing is a bit steep for me..i've spent so much on mods so far..need to take it easy
here evo box and gundo hack set up with 997TT wing vid...

Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 AM
spoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the roughspoddle is a jewel in the rough
Yep, that's what I figured. I priced it high since paint quotes depend heavily on the shop and who you know. Thanks for chiming in with your experience. I have this on my list of future mods once I get through all my routine maintenance (water pump, AOS...)

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Your paint quote is a bit high....more like 1K

Don't need a harness just need someone that knows these cars to wire correctly and has access to the cars wiring diagrams.... and will need a new air box (Evo fits great and sounds good) as stock will rub agianst hydraulics of the 997tt set up....its some work but worth it! You can get out of it for 4-5K imo....all in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r7JnY4rF2M

Old 12-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Turbo Shurmbo

Gotta love the duck tail

Matt

Old 12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
Turbo Shurmbo

Gotta love the duck tail

Matt
dunno why, not feeling the duck.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by mickfluff

sounds great, i just installed my fister D sports exhaust about an hour ago, also have evoms intake, hope mine also sounds like this

Old 12-04-2012, 01:11 AM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
you betcha!

Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
Turbo Shurmbo

Gotta love the duck tail

Matt

Old 12-22-2012, 01:17 AM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
this is the same company as GT3 TEK i think, they are very reputable & never heard of anyone having issues with them
hmm after some research i guess here's some bad news on these guys and this wing in particular. guess it doesnt pay to go cheap. wonder if it got resolved.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...igns-wing.html

Old 12-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by dethman
hmm after some research i guess here's some bad news on these guys and this wing in particular. guess it doesnt pay to go cheap. wonder if it got resolved.

Must not be a related company then. GT3TEK makes polyurethane parts only, everyone here loves their work & fitment. I think they only make 1 wing so betterbodies & gt3tek must be different..

Old 12-22-2012, 02:46 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dethman

Never pays to go cheap.......wish I got the wing thing! Of all of them the ducktail is the nicest but then it spoils the old school deck lid....I don't know?

It would be hard to resist the old tea tray wing!

Tom

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Collection of 997 Narrow Body Rear Wings