997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Sport Mode Software

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 01:30 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by windboat
I have a base '11 Carrera Cab with PDK and recently upgraded the exhaust to Sport Exhaust and loving it. Now the question is it worth upgrading to the Porsche Sport Mode as well. P-CAR will never be tracked by me. Local ATL dealers are quoting about $1600 installed (with PCA discount) for the upgrade. Should I do this? I'm thinking for the cost with labor of $1600 it would be worth the improved performance. Others thoughts are welcome.
I pulled the trigger today and ordered the Porsche Sport Mode upgrade today from a local ATL P-car dealer. About $1400 installed on my '11 Carrera Cab with PDK. I am really looking forward to this upgrade. Thanks everybody for your recommendations and input on this thread.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:56 PM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
I pulled the trigger today and ordered the Porsche Sport Mode upgrade today from a local ATL P-car dealer. About $1400 installed on my '11 Carrera Cab with PDK. I am really looking forward to this upgrade. Thanks everybody for your recommendations and input on this thread.
Congrats, that sounds like a great deal on a PDK installed.

I've been excited to get it installed on mine and the delimma I have is none of the these northern CA dealers have a clue to what it is. So hoping someone who had it done close by can chime in, and hope I get the same deal..1400 is great!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Chris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the rough
Is yours P-car manual or PDK, manual is 899 and PDK is 1199 at Suncoast for switch and software
Mine's PDK, my dealer took the winter savings coupon on it (15%) off and actually applied it to parts and labor.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:44 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris_FL
Mine's PDK, my dealer took the winter savings coupon on it (15%) off and actually applied it to parts and labor.
Looks like we got about the same deal, i received 15% on parts and labor as well, my $1385 includes 8% GA sales tax on parts, no sales tax on labor in GA.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:48 AM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
You may - as others have - now refer to it as the giggle button.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by daberlin
You may - as others have - now refer to it as the giggle button.
GIGGLE isn't the only description, how about giggle, cackle, chortle, laugh, snicker, titter and WOW... Just picked up my PSM upgraded CAB from dealer, it is an amazing driving difference with the PSM. A whole new driving experience. I would never buy another PCAR without both PSE and PSM installed.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Breaking in the New PSM

Just spent the today (Sunday) driving the Western North Carolina mountain roads around Highlands & Cashiers, NC breaking in the PSE & PSM. It was a beautiful 60/65 degree sunny day here and almost no traffic on the mountain roads. Sport-Plus w/PDK is amazing on the winding roads, it stayed in second at 5-6K most of the time 30-50 MPH. Almost no need for brakes with PSM, other cars were riding their brakes constantly. Of course the PSE was bouncing great sounds off the mountain rock road walls. PSE & PSM are a must have.