997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just installed my IPD Plenum & GT3 TB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 06:36 PM
gpman25 is on a distinguished road
Just installed my IPD Plenum & GT3 TB

I finally came around to installing an IPD 82mm plenum and a GT3 TB on my 997.1 S. Right away I felt the increased torque especially at lower RPMs. The car pulls much better to the redline. The throttle is more responsive and the car became more fun to drive. I already had a Fabspeed Maxflo intake installed on the car, now the larger 82mm TB and the plenum really compliment that.

Attached Images   
Old 02-16-2013, 07:09 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Very cool!

Old 02-16-2013, 07:34 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, looking forward to switching my IPD plenum out to the 82mm this week when I get a chance to work on my car.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gpman25
I finally came around to installing an IPD 82mm plenum and a GT3 TB on my 997.1 S. Right away I felt the increased torque especially at lower RPMs. The car pulls much better to the redline. The throttle is more responsive and the car became more fun to drive. I already had a Fabspeed Maxflo intake installed on the car, now the larger 82mm TB and the plenum really compliment that.
Very cool, thanks for sharing. Down the road, get a performance software to maximize the gains.

Originally Posted by v35
Nice, looking forward to switching my IPD plenum out to the 82mm this week when I get a chance to work on my car.
I am sure you will report back with the difference

Old 02-17-2013, 09:48 AM
gpman25 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dbcperformance
Very cool, thanks for sharing. Down the road, get a performance software to maximize the gains.

I am sure you will report back with the difference
Thanks dbcperformance, any recommendations on performance software? From your experience, what type of performance increase interms of HP and torque should I expect?

Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
Thanks dbcperformance, any recommendations on performance software? From your experience, what type of performance increase interms of HP and torque should I expect?
I use Evomsit Software. Honestly, I never give out numbers, not even manufacturer's claim, but the difference is noticeable.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Where did you buy the items and how much. I have a Fabspeed CAI as well with a Softronic Flash. I thought about the IDP but I read that there isn't much of a difference, but with the TB it does huh?

Is this a DIY or did you have it done?