997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Eibach Spring Install Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Looks great, should had came factory this way.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:52 AM
yvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of lightyvesvidal is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dealy663
I did it mostly by myself. My 13 year old son helped some when I needed 4 hands, but not much. I really got stuck when trying to remove the nut from the top of the rear shock shaft. There's just nothing to hold the shaft with. This is the reason I finally broke down and bought an impact wrench. Aside from that the toughest part is actually compressing the strut assembly enough to remove it from the body mount at the top and the wheel assembly at the bottom. I used spring compressors but its a lot of work since I didn't want to completely disassemble the suspension. I just removed the top links in the rear, didn't separate the ball joint.

It wasn't the first time I'd ever done a job like this, but was the first on my 911. Its no small task to do all by yourself. I could probably do it in a single day now that I know what I'm doing. But it took me 4 days on and off the first time. It was probably 12 hours of work for me all together.

The drop looks to be a bit between 1/2 and and 1 inch.

Derek
Derek,

You should think about writing a Do-It-Yourself guide about this modification. There are not too many info about replacing suspension components for Porsche on the Web.

Great result. I love the picture on Mulholland Drive.

Yves

Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 PM
RichM3 can only hope to improve
Looks great! I'd recommend getting an alignment as well.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
dealy663 has a spectacular aura aboutdealy663 has a spectacular aura about
Diy

Originally Posted by yvesvidal
Derek,

You should think about writing a Do-It-Yourself guide about this modification. There are not too many info about replacing suspension components for Porsche on the Web.

Great result. I love the picture on Mulholland Drive.

Yves
Yes I intended to do that. Took a few pictures. But once I was struggling with problems the number of pics dropped off sharply.

If I do get around to it the first thing I'll say is buy an impact wrench! Followed up be getting someone to help you.

Derek

Old 03-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
looks great, great job OP

Old 03-20-2013, 09:35 AM
bigfish1 is on a distinguished road
spyerx,

Do you have the part number for the h@r kit? I have the same car but a cab.
thanks paul.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:07 AM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
I don't, but check TireRack.com, they should list it.

I bought the springs & wheels from Wheel Enhancement in Los Angelels and they did the installs/alignment.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:42 AM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Your post convinced me to go the Eibach route. I expect to have everything intsalled mid-April.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:57 PM
andysprague will become famous soon enoughandysprague will become famous soon enough
It looks great with those Eibachs. I may need a set.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:57 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Getting mine installed tomorrow (4/2). Will post pics when I get a chance.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:31 PM
911nitis will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dealy663
No my car doesn't have PASM. It is a base model, with no options.

As far as the turn indicator signals go, I've never understood why people think the yellows are ugly, or the clears are good looking. They just look like turn signals to me. Luckily they're not expensive so if I ever decide the clears look nice I can do it. But that just isn't on my radar right now.

Next up is the Fister D modded mufflers and then probably LED daytime running lights.

Derek
The car looks amazing. Question, is the ride much stiffer with the new springs?

Old 09-28-2014, 10:07 PM
vrnkc is on a distinguished road
Chaycek, it took me 4 hours to install the
Eibach on my base 997 with the help of my son. Very doable!

Old 09-29-2014, 08:05 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Great job on the DIY!

Old 09-29-2014, 10:52 AM
fhkghio is on a distinguished road
Looks much better, now I need to do that too!