997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Eibach Spring Install Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 12:45 PM
dealy663 has a spectacular aura aboutdealy663 has a spectacular aura about
Eibach Spring Install Results

A couple of weeks ago I installed a set of Eibach springs on my 911. It was way more work than I expected. But that's what happens when you don't have all the right tools you need. As a result I finally have an impact wrench and big enough compressor. That certainly made a huge difference. I went with the Eibachs over the H&R springs just because I was worried about lowering the car too much. It's a modest drop.

Here's the before pic:

And here is what the car looks like after the install:

And here is a pretty nice pic of me driving out on Mullholland last Sunday.

The car looks pretty sweet. It'll be quite some time before I get new wheels to finish the job though.

Derek

Attached Images    
Old 03-16-2013, 12:50 PM
997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough
Looks much better, now I need to do that too!

Old 03-16-2013, 01:40 PM
chaycek is on a distinguished road
How much was the drop?

I have 19 inch turbo wheels with 305s on the rear and 235's on the front.

My car looks like a 4x4 I'd like to drop it down some Haha.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:55 PM
away will become famous soon enough
You did this yourself? Good job and the car looks great.

Installing suspension has to be one of my least favorite DIY's but I've been considering putting a set of Eibach on my S recently.

How did you find the task? Any aspect that makes it particularly terrible? I have spring compressors and airtools already.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Its just a lot of work

Originally Posted by away
You did this yourself? Good job and the car looks great.

Installing suspension has to be one of my least favorite DIY's but I've been considering putting a set of Eibach on my S recently.

How did you find the task? Any aspect that makes it particularly terrible? I have spring compressors and airtools already.
I did it mostly by myself. My 13 year old son helped some when I needed 4 hands, but not much. I really got stuck when trying to remove the nut from the top of the rear shock shaft. There's just nothing to hold the shaft with. This is the reason I finally broke down and bought an impact wrench. Aside from that the toughest part is actually compressing the strut assembly enough to remove it from the body mount at the top and the wheel assembly at the bottom. I used spring compressors but its a lot of work since I didn't want to completely disassemble the suspension. I just removed the top links in the rear, didn't separate the ball joint.

It wasn't the first time I'd ever done a job like this, but was the first on my 911. Its no small task to do all by yourself. I could probably do it in a single day now that I know what I'm doing. But it took me 4 days on and off the first time. It was probably 12 hours of work for me all together.

The drop looks to be a bit between 1/2 and and 1 inch.

Derek

Old 03-16-2013, 05:11 PM
kurtis_h has a spectacular aura aboutkurtis_h has a spectacular aura about
Looks amazing. Great job!

Old 03-16-2013, 09:20 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
do you have PASM on your 997? Looks like it sits at about the same level after the drop as my non lowered 997 with pasm.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:46 PM
DallasDave is on a distinguished road
Like the drop. Need to eliminate those yellow turn signals...

Old 03-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Base model Carrera

Originally Posted by socialpro
do you have PASM on your 997? Looks like it sits at about the same level after the drop as my non lowered 997 with pasm.
No my car doesn't have PASM. It is a base model, with no options.

As far as the turn indicator signals go, I've never understood why people think the yellows are ugly, or the clears are good looking. They just look like turn signals to me. Luckily they're not expensive so if I ever decide the clears look nice I can do it. But that just isn't on my radar right now.

Next up is the Fister D modded mufflers and then probably LED daytime running lights.

Derek

Old 03-16-2013, 11:02 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I hope you took it in to get realigned.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Very nice looking color combo btw.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:29 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dealy663
Next up is the Fister D modded mufflers and then probably LED daytime running lights.
Good looking car with that drop. I need to do that!

btw, I have a pair of original Fisters (not Gundo) for a base carrera for sale... they have 10,000 miles... let me know...

joel

Old 03-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Hmm, fisters?

Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Good looking car with that drop. I need to do that!

btw, I have a pair of original Fisters (not Gundo) for a base carrera for sale... they have 10,000 miles... let me know...

joel
Sure I'd consider a used set of Fisters, depending on their condition and price.

Email me at dealy663 at geemmmaaiil dot cccooommmm

Derek

Old 03-17-2013, 10:36 AM
murox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura about
Drop makes the car look so much better. I have a set of H&R springs for sale that were on my 997. $200. PM me if interested.

Here's a pic of the car with and without the springs:

Attached Images  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:50 PM
spyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the roughspyerx is a jewel in the rough
OP are those 18" wheels? Drop with Eibach is def. less dramatic than with H&R. My avatar shows mine with HR with 19" BBS wheels. I estimate about 1.25" from stock and it looked like a 4x4 before. Base car also. No SPASM on mine either.

A better shot.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eibach Spring Install Results