997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Best type of number decal for Track Days

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Best type of number decal for Track Days

I want to order a number sign for my doors for track days. I have heard the magnetic ones can scratch the surface and can fall off on the track. Are there differences in the peel on and off acrylic ones? Any suggestions on which type to get and what companies can do the design? I would like it to look cool, as I know a lot of people will get a good look at my number as they pass me on the track!

Old 03-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I just bought a set from here http://www.izoomgraphics.com

I have my first DE with them next weekend ad will post results but they seem very high quality. They are very think vinyl.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
I purchased from edecals a magnetic one. I use a little detailer spray before applying it on the door and then a small amount of racing tape in the front to ensure it doesnt come flying off.

Been using them for 4 years with no issues and no scratches.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:05 PM
toptier will become famous soon enoughtoptier will become famous soon enough
You doing the DE in April Don?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by toptier
You doing the DE in April Don?
Hi Jon, yes on Saturday!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
I just bought a set from here http://www.izoomgraphics.com

I have my first DE with them next weekend ad will post results but they seem very high quality. They are very think vinyl.
Thanks!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by buck986
I purchased from edecals a magnetic one. I use a little detailer spray before applying it on the door and then a small amount of racing tape in the front to ensure it doesnt come flying off.

Been using them for 4 years with no issues and no scratches.
What do you think the benefit of the magnetic is over the acrylic? Is racing tape the same as the blue masking tape?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:36 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
I used Blue Painters Tape.

Worked great and you can work with it, if you want to make it look cool.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Here' mine.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	223937  

Last edited by Hella-Buggin'; 03-24-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:30 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
What do you think the benefit of the magnetic is over the acrylic? Is racing tape the same as the blue masking tape?
Never used acrylic so I cant say.

Yes...the blue masking tape is similar.

A tip...if the blue tape gets wets...get it off the car before it drys out completely.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Hers what mine looks like....

Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2013, 03:58 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
I use the edacals magnets with no tape and had zero issues.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:59 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
PM me if you want a coupon code

Old 03-26-2013, 10:54 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Here are mine. Had them done at FastSigns and they are magnetic. Used for Autocross events and not one problem.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Racing Numbers.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	224445  
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 AM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
i also use a magnetic decal

note* i've heard of paint discoloring when used in wet condition for prolonged time.. (google search)

btw blue painters work great too..

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best type of number decal for Track Days