997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Atlas grey with Cocoa leather? Seen one B4?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 PM
PatrickBateman is on a distinguished road
Atlas grey with Cocoa leather? Seen one B4?

Hello...Interested in Atlas Grey in a 09-10 S coupe. Has any of you seen cocoa, which looks to be a variation of a rich chocolate brown interior paired with this Atlas grey paint? I am trying to invision the 2 together, have seen some crappy online pics in bad lighting, and im just unsure if this would be considered "desireable" combo? My initial thoughts would be a tan of some sort, as the Atlas seems to cast black and blue also for color family? I really have not seen cocoa in any cars as of yet until now.

Thanks for weighing in.! Happy Easter/Passover holiday to all.

p.s. Also looking at meteor grey... not as dramatic of a color to me...but safe, classic,easy to keep looking clean.

Last edited by PatrickBateman; 03-29-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:55 PM
sinner911 will become famous soon enough
My brother and uncle both have cocoa interior in their Porsches. It is gorgeous and would look AMAZING against Atlas Grey. Would be my ultimate color combo if you could find one.

Greg

Old 03-29-2013, 10:58 PM
PatrickBateman is on a distinguished road
Thanks greg... So what colors do they have cocoa leather paired to?
How deep/dark of a brown is it? Im going to ask for some further pictures of this interior color.

Many thanks.

Old 03-30-2013, 01:03 AM
Mspeedster is a jewel in the roughMspeedster is a jewel in the roughMspeedster is a jewel in the rough
Here's a pic of Atlas Grey with Cocoa. I think it goes very well.

My car is Basalt Black with Cocoa. I love the combo. Cocoa makes the interior a very special place to be. Cocoa is even better in natural leather.

Here's a pic of my interior:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	porsche997tt058vf7.jpg
Views:	4556
Size:	304.3 KB
ID:	226050  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:08 AM
p's pcar will become famous soon enoughp's pcar will become famous soon enough
I have that very same combo with full leather. Love it.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:07 AM
Zero Cool has a spectacular aura aboutZero Cool has a spectacular aura aboutZero Cool has a spectacular aura about
Not Atlas Grey but here are a couple on pics of mine...love this color combo

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0414.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	226052   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0423.jpg
Views:	871
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	226053   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0424.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	226054   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0435.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	226055  
Old 03-30-2013, 05:36 AM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Atlas Grey and ***** Wonka go great together!!!

Old 03-30-2013, 05:52 AM
Carnut12 is on a distinguished road
I think it would look fine, but would have to see it in person, out of the browns I think Natural is by far the nicest, to me it goes with any color. Cocoa to me does not go with every color.

Good luck!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2013, 08:27 AM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
I'll go against the grain here. I think cocoa looks great but not with atlas. Cocoa is a little warm and atlas is too cool of a color. So for me it doesn't match well.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:50 AM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
I have paint-to-sample which I can only describe as linen with cocoa full leather...

Attached Images     
Old 03-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by mattyf
I'll go against the grain here. I think cocoa looks great but not with atlas. Cocoa is a little warm and atlas is too cool of a color. So for me it doesn't match well.
Reading the OP question again I agree it certainly would not be "Desirable", I think it would be very difficult to sell. Cocoa just like Brown Exterior has a good chance in 10 years of people saying "What the hell was the person that ordered that thinking?"

Funny 10 years ago I said that about old Brown Porsches, now I love the New Brown ones.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Mspeedster is a jewel in the roughMspeedster is a jewel in the roughMspeedster is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Carnut12
Reading the OP question again I agree it certainly would not be "Desirable", I think it would be very difficult to sell. Cocoa just like Brown Exterior has a good chance in 10 years of people saying "What the hell was the person that ordered that thinking?"

Funny 10 years ago I said that about old Brown Porsches, now I love the New Brown ones.
At the end of the day, it's all about one's taste and also what's in and what's out. But "what the hell was he thinking"? I don't think so. Brown interiors have been around for about as long as the automobile itself.

If the OP is concerned about reselling the car, get a black, silver or white car with a black interior.

But if the OP wants something that's more rare, I do think Atlas Grey is desirable for many and feel that a Cocoa interior would make it even more so. For my taste, I'd take the Atlas/Cocoa combo over Atlas/Black or Atlas/Tan any day. I also love Carrera Red leather, which isn't for everyone either, just like Cocoa.

If the OP is having doubts, then he should pass. But if he loves the combo, that's all that matters.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:42 PM
delman27 is on a distinguished road
Saw cocoa full leather interior in 2006 and it is still a gorgeous look seven years later. It is very warm and classy IMO. Dark brown leather will likely remain in fashion for quite some time.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:49 PM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
when I was looking for my car, I looked at around 20 cars with a variety of interiors, cocoa appealed the most to me. Buy what you like, not what someone says it will sell better in 5 years.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Mspeedster
At the end of the day, it's all about one's taste and also what's in and what's out. But "what the hell was he thinking"? I don't think so. Brown interiors have been around for about as long as the automobile itself.

If the OP is concerned about reselling the car, get a black, silver or white car with a black interior.

But if the OP wants something that's more rare, I do think Atlas Grey is desirable for many and feel that a Cocoa interior would make it even more so. For my taste, I'd take the Atlas/Cocoa combo over Atlas/Black or Atlas/Tan any day. I also love Carrera Red leather, which isn't for everyone either, just like Cocoa.

If the OP is having doubts, then he should pass. But if he loves the combo, that's all that matters.
I agree the OP should not worry about anything but what he likes, but if you think colors like Cocoa Brown have been around as long as the Automobile itself I disagree. Brown or tan have, but dark brown like Cocoa you could not give away 10-20 years ago. I can not recall ever seeing a car in the 90's with Dark Brown leather especially a sports car.

For what it is worth I love Red, I actually love Blue as well, and I owned an M3 with the Natural Brown leather that was my favorite interior color I have owned.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Atlas grey with Cocoa leather? Seen one B4?