997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just Bought my first 997! Check it out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 08:10 AM
krysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant futurekrysFly has a brilliant future
Beautiful, take your time with the mods (this place doesnt help and drive it

Old 06-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by krysFly
Beautiful, take your time with the mods (this place doesnt help and drive it
haha well I put 35k into my last two BMW's and I'm (almost) over mods.... That's why I was so excited to buy this car that already has everything I want!

Originally Posted by jaymcars
Gorgeous interior....

Originally Posted by JB in AR
Join PCA...
Good advice, I will.

Originally Posted by kkswow12
I see you have the x51 airbox, but no x51 option on the invoice...previous owner added that, but did he add the whole kit? you should find out...
from what I understand, the previous owner was so serious about making the airbox as close to factory optioned as possible, that he even installed a 3rd radiator... I would love someone to explain this to me

Last edited by Perk10; 06-15-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Whoa_Itswee will become famous soon enoughWhoa_Itswee will become famous soon enough
Congrats! I just bought my first as well. Will post pics when it gets here. Should be delivered on 6/24. 2009 C4S PDK.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Mspeedster is a jewel in the roughMspeedster is a jewel in the roughMspeedster is a jewel in the rough
Very nice car. I've got a Cocoa interior too and absolutely love it. Jealous of your leather headliner. Congrats and enjoy!

P.S. IMHO - Cocoa photographs better without a flash. The flash distorts the true color of Cocoa.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:02 PM
rvc
rvc is on a distinguished road
read the manual!

Old 06-15-2013, 11:35 PM
m3racer08 is on a distinguished road
nice!! love the brakes!! you'll always stop on a dime.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:34 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
What did you guys do when YOUR 997 first showed up/picked it up?
there isn't really anything you have to do except drive that beautiful car . If you decide to add the ipod and bluetooth it's not too expensive and a decent set of wheels might show those ceramics a little more but at first you may as well leave it stock and drive. It has all the right options and very nice color combination.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:58 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice, enjoy and welcome!

Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Janko is on a distinguished road
Great pickup... did you get that off Renn? Had my eye on it as well

Old 06-16-2013, 03:58 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations on a nice car and options. Enjoy.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:10 PM
kurtis_h has a spectacular aura aboutkurtis_h has a spectacular aura about
beautiful. welcome to the family lol

Old 06-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yrralis1
there isn't really anything you have to do except drive that beautiful car . If you decide to add the ipod and bluetooth it's not too expensive and a decent set of wheels might show those ceramics a little more but at first you may as well leave it stock and drive. It has all the right options and very nice color combination.
the previous owner installed Dension iPod as well as bluetooth. It also is coming with a hardwired V1. Love this car already

Originally Posted by Whoa_Itswee
Congrats! I just bought my first as well. Will post pics when it gets here. Should be delivered on 6/24. 2009 C4S PDK.
that's funny. I have the exact same date on mine!! (estimated of course). Since mine is coming from all the way across the US, I could get it anywhere between 6/21-6/26 but 24 is the date that they told me to semi count on

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
Very nice car. I've got a Cocoa interior too and absolutely love it. Jealous of your leather headliner. Congrats and enjoy!

P.S. IMHO - Cocoa photographs better without a flash. The flash distorts the true color of Cocoa.
Thanks a lot! I did a search last night and there are almost no cars for sale right now with Cocoa. I mean really only a couple. Turbo's at that. Can't wait to see the headliner myself

Originally Posted by m3racer08
nice!! love the brakes!! you'll always stop on a dime.
Back when the 997 GT3 was first introduced to the market, my buddy was on the waiting list for the highest MSRP car in the US at the time. It had carbon where I didn't even know it was an option.

Anyways.... he took me to about 130mph (in very few seconds with no effort) and then the light close ahead turned yellow. . . then red. . . I looked at him with a "WTF?!" look on my face. He smirked and hit the brakes. I'll never forget the G forces I felt as I tried to keep my head stuck to the back of the head rest... How much bigger are PCCB's on GT's than non?

Originally Posted by FlaHeel
Very nice, enjoy and welcome!
Thank you very much. I imagine I will spend most of my forum time here from now on.

Originally Posted by Janko
Great pickup... did you get that off Renn? Had my eye on it as well
I sure did Didn't let it sit long once I came across it. I saw the ad and made a deal the same day. Been looking for a couple years and just knew this was "the one"

Originally Posted by kurtis_h
beautiful. welcome to the family lol
I appreciate it!

Old 06-17-2013, 06:35 PM
cholmes1 is on a distinguished road
I would try to keep the mods to a minimum IMHO. You have a great car there with some terrific options, especially that interior. Just enjoy the car and try to find a track day or fun run nearby.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:46 PM
chiroporsche will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

That may be my favorite color combo.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 PM
andysprague will become famous soon enoughandysprague will become famous soon enough
Congrats. Looks like a great car.

I have almost the same, but an '05 S with black interior & normal brakes, so I am jealous of those 2 things.

Enjoy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Bought my first 997! Check it out