997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Just Bought my first 997! Check it out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Happy911S is on a distinguished road
You will see a thread about the X-51 air box from Gibbo. I suggest you read it as he has done some testing that indicates that your car may be running lean unless the previous owner addressed the issue.

Love the car!

Old 06-18-2013, 04:35 PM
C4 GTS is on a distinguished road
Congrats! What a car!, love the interior. With p car it is a road of no return. But no regret either. Enjoy!

Old 06-19-2013, 01:06 AM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chiroporsche
That may be my favorite color combo.
my personal favorite is GT Silver over Cocoa but I think I got pretty close Thanks, btw!

Originally Posted by cholmes1
I would try to keep the mods to a minimum IMHO. You have a great car there with some terrific options, especially that interior. Just enjoy the car and try to find a track day or fun run nearby.
I completely agree!

Originally Posted by andysprague
Congrats. Looks like a great car.

I have almost the same, but an '05 S with black interior & normal brakes, so I am jealous of those 2 things.

Enjoy.
The interior is not for everyone, so I've been told.. I myself, love it. And it seems that everyone on this board really loves it as well which is great.

As far as the brakes go.. I am not sure I could have ponied up the 8 plus thousand to buy them new, but knowing very well how they perform from previous experiences, I cannot wait to scare the hell out of my friends when I gas the car to 100mph and let the light ahead turn red I appreciate the compliments, and I am sure your car is just as awesome in its own way

Originally Posted by Happy911S
You will see a thread about the X-51 air box from Gibbo. I suggest you read it as he has done some testing that indicates that your car may be running lean unless the previous owner addressed the issue.

Love the car!
From what I have been told (and seen on a PPI), the car runs just as it should. I will read the thread you mentioned, though. I am very interested to learn more on the topic so THANKS a bunch for pointing me in the right direction!

Originally Posted by C4 GTS
Congrats! What a car!, love the interior. With p car it is a road of no return. But no regret either. Enjoy!
I love the fact that you would take the time to give such compliments. You and the rest of the 997 community on this board have been very kind.

As far as the road of no return goes, that is fine with me! I love Porsches. Not a fan of most other brands these days. I plan on keeping this car for the long haul

Last edited by Perk10; 06-19-2013 at 01:11 AM.