997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Proclip Phone Setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 06:24 PM
sixgun95 is on a distinguished road
Proclip Phone Setup

Anyone try using the Proclip with a Ram Mount? Does it work? I am a bit concerned the Proclip isn't strong enough to support it or the car panel it attaches to will start tearing or become loose.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	629.1 KB
ID:	280633  
Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 AM
OldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond repute
I use a Proclip setup on my '08 997 C2S Cab, as well as on other cars. It's the most flexible and most stable mount system I've ever used. In the 997 I use it to mount either one of two phones (iPhone 4 and HTC One) or one of two Garmins. Here's how it looks and works for me:

Here is the basic bracket. It fits over the left-hand air vent, which is perfect because it keeps the device cool while still allowing airflow and operation of the directional air flow control. It's also a very short reach to touch the phone if necessary.

Attached to it is a female V-shaped attachment that Proclip sells as an accessory:

Here is the HTC One phone attachment. It swivels, and has a male slide-in piece attached to the back which slips into the female attachment on the base unit, making the phone attachment easily switchable to another phone attachment or a Garmin attachment (Yes, I have Porsche nav, but it's basically worthless compared to a $100 Garmin. Most of the time I use one of three nav programs in the HTC One or iPhone anyway.)

Here's how it looks without the phone in it. The phone slips in and out easily. I usually run a charging wire from one of the power points into the bottom of the phone. I also have installed an Aux input as well as a Bluetooth device, which allow me to use the phone for nav programs and for Pandora and Sirius. Not as slick as changing out the PCM for an aftermarket unit, perhaps -- but it did keep $2000 in my pocket while getting 95% of the functionality and preserving the stock appearance.

Attached Images    
Old 05-09-2018, 11:28 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead, but I like this proclip. Any concerns of leaving indents on the dash or scratching the vents?

Old 05-11-2018, 12:06 AM
AltVelo is on a distinguished road
I have the clip on base but didn't use their mount. The position is perfect.. I'll have to check if there is a mark.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:22 AM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Thanks AltVelo. Yes, the position does look perfect. Thanks in advance for checking.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:29 AM
With my magnetic mount, it works great. There just really isn't much room to work with. I was about to go with Rennline's but I think it's too far to the right an probably get bumped by passenger's leg.

I'll check it out when I get home.

Old 05-11-2018, 10:36 AM
oh and about concerns... scratch and indention.

It should not scratch the vent or dash as its smooth plastic with thin strip of double sided tape.

In regards to indention on the dash. It's wedged between there as seen in the pic. It's tight enough where I don't think you need the tape. I suspect there maybe, but we'll see.. Mines has only been on there a few months.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:26 PM
I just checked and there is a very slight indentation on the dash... this is after a few month of being clipped in. Again very slight as the plastic is very thin. I left it off for a few hours and it seemed to get smaller... here's a before and after shot.

Attached Images   
Old 05-28-2018, 06:05 PM
acf
I love the position but I need to decide if that indentation will bother me. Thanks for the pics, they helped a lot!

Old 05-30-2018, 09:44 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Not a chance. Cuts off my primary vent. Why would you choose this route?
CATTMAN