997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Hamann 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 05:07 AM
Felixx is infamous around these parts
Hamann 997

Hamann 997

text:
The new Porsche 911 Carrera (997) is a real sports car, that creates enthusiasm with the old virtues of „performance and design“, reminding us of the 993. Hamann Motorsport has developed a comprehensive accessories´ program for the 911 Carrera and Carrera S which guarantees pure motorsports feeling.

The Hamann -designers developed aerodynamics components imparting an extremely sporty and, nevertheless, luxurious look to the Carrera. Included are a dynamically styled front spoiler, wide side sills and a mighty rear spoiler, which produces a higher downforce at the rear axle.

Sports springs lower the sports car by 25 millimeters and make it appear even more aggressive and sportier. Thus the muscular and dynamic design of the standard model is emphasized especially in combination with the aerodynamics components.

The appearance becomes more eyecatching, but additionally driving dynamics are improved. Progressive spring characteristics, i.e. an increased spring compression, make the driver wish for more corners and fast direction changes. The Carrera 911, sporty anyway, sticks to the tarmac and thus guarantees pure motorsports feeling. The suspension cross-brace, developed by Hamann, improves torsional rigidity and makes the Carrera sprint considerably more agile on the tarmac.

Hamann also offers sporty-elegant light-alloy rims for the new 997. The product range comprises the multi-piece PG3 in classical five-spokes design, giving a powerful impression, and the Anniversary II. The multi-piece forged wheel with its fine spokes allows a deep look at the brake system and suits the extremely sporty appearance of the Hamann 997.

The Laupheim experts create motorsports feeling in the interior as well: aluminum pedals including footrest allow pure motorsports flair.

But that´s not all. At the moment there are further products being developed. Shortly there will be a complete exhaust system, rear muffler, sports steel catalyst, high-performance collector, rear diffusor, top spoiler and many other things for the Porsche 911 Carrera and Carrera S available at Hamann Motorsport.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Turn PSM Off
TheJudge is infamous around these parts
WOWOWOWOW WEE WOw!!

Old 08-17-2005, 10:49 AM
996turbo is infamous around these parts
f u g l y.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:34 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
IMO, Hamann currently is doing a consistent job of adding non-harmoneous design lines to vehicles and cheapening the look of the car overall. Their F360, 760Li and this kit all have a related look and draw a similar reaction from me. It's all subjective of course, and I've really liked some of their work on M3's in particular in the past, but it seems their design direction now is influenced, not by a car designer, but by a "body kit" designer. The design of the aerodynamics should support and complement the design of the vehicle, not call too much attention to itself. I've liked every other 997 aesthetic aftermarket package more than this one. Sorry to be so critical of a good company, but they are really disappointing me style-wise this year. I think they need a new designer, from Italy most likely.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:44 AM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
I generally like it. I have major issues with those rims and the piece on the front bumper directly in front of the front tire that hangs so low. How many times will that need to be replaced? Aside from that though I like the skirts and think the tail lokos pretty solid.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:45 AM
cynicali is infamous around these parts
lokos = looks

Old 08-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
The parts don't fit very smoothly. Techart kit puts it to shame... IMO

Last edited by Shawn C; 06-05-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:13 PM
One day she will be mine.
elduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really nice
The only thing nice about that pic is the Wing. It looks good. everything else is ugly and doesnt fit

Old 08-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
I like the Techart better.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Erik@Cargraphic is infamous around these parts
the side skirts are beyond horrible

Old 08-17-2005, 01:52 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Hamann is junk IMHO. it's too busy looking.
It takes away the clean lines of the car.
I like their PG3s but on a Porsche, I think TechArt is a better tuner.

Raja

Old 08-17-2005, 03:09 PM
One day she will be mine.
elduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really niceelduderino is just really nice
The sideskirt looks like its been photoshoped on. Horrible is the right word to describe it.

Old 08-17-2005, 06:00 PM
Turn PSM Off
TheJudge is infamous around these parts
I;m surprised by the negative reaction. I think it looks amazing. Well I guess I can do without the front and side skirts but the wheels and the wing are pretty dope IMO

Old 08-18-2005, 12:25 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
FUGLY
And those wheels are heavy as hell
Also, from my personal experience - Hamann has the WORST customer service and care yet for a tuner...Ordered my rear diffuser and sideskirts back in April and until today I do not have them....Made so many excuses like fault in production, sent me fiberglass ones by accident, etc. Yesterday I cancelled my order...
Pissed as hell

Old 08-18-2005, 02:50 PM
zoltan is infamous around these parts
What do you think guys about "nrauto.com" rear wing (GT2 style) for 997?

It's based in USA and i don't know how good is the fit and finish of their products.

thanks in advance

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hamann 997