997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Cup Holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 08:07 PM
hikerneil is on a distinguished road
Cup Holder

Has anyone found a cup holder that can be used in a 997? I just bought a 2007 911 and I love this car - but I would like to occasionally drive with a Venti Starbuck's in the car. The cup holder in the dash is useless.

Has anyone found a suitable one or hand-crafted something that works?

Thanks.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:25 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Agree, those things are useless.
I haven't found anything I trust.
I know the Germans threw those in for,...The Americans.
They are laughing about it while drinking Liter Mugs of Beer!! lol

Old 11-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Man I love the OEM cup holers. Surprised to hear this! PS - with Starbucks coffee, just keep a sleeve and it stays in even better!

Old 11-07-2013, 09:09 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
I have no problem what so ever with the OEM holder on dash?Just secure and take it easy,making sure the sip hole is pointed towards the windshield.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:57 PM
BrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud of
never tried one but...

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/

Old 11-08-2013, 05:38 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I too like the oem holder... you know you can adjust how tightly it holds the cup.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Gripster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BrakingBad
never tried one but...

http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/
I had one of these in my Z4 and it was awesome. My wife uses one in her car too. They work really well.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:14 PM
too tall will become famous soon enough
Get a Contigo and relax. You can toss them down and no spills. They made me nervous at first.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:02 AM
terpsred has a spectacular aura aboutterpsred has a spectacular aura about
+1 for a cup holder that mounts on the passenger side of the "transmission tunnel". I had one from an old vette I had and modified it to fit into the 997. Never have to worry about a spill dripping onto the PCM. But that may help me decide to get rid of that piece of junk.(PCM that is)

Old 11-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Bill Reynolds is on a distinguished road
I've had good luck with the stock cup holders also.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:49 PM
KINGCONG is on a distinguished road
I have no issues with the stock cup holders as well, I just have to remind myself not to make fast turns.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
I started with the ultimate cup holder version http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/. Works very well. My commute is so short though it was overkill. I ended up buying a Keurig machine for the office. Starbucks k-cups fresh brewed throughout the day now instead.

Last edited by semicycler; 11-12-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:54 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by semicycler
I started with the ultimate cup holder version http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/. Works very well. My commute is so short though it was overkill. I ended up buying a Keurig machine for the office. Starbucks k-cups fresh brewed throughout the day now instead. My ultimate cup holder is for sale, like new. PM me if interested.
The ULTIMATE CUP HOLDERS are great particularly for water bottles, I always put a fresh water in mine/passengers early time we drive. Coffee goes in PCAR holders in dash.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:45 AM
ksdprasad will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by hikerneil
I would like to occasionally drive with a Venti Starbuck's in the car.
My son broke the bottom stopper when he was playing with it...thought of replacing ..soon that became a solution for the venti cups.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-porsche-911-carrera-s-manual-cup-holder-photo-284388-s-520x318.jpg
Views:	4241
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	299196  
Old 11-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Stock cup holders work well. The biggest issue I've had is not the cup holders, but he cups. No mater where I put the mug.. if its got an opening, and I take a sharp corner, the forces will cause the liquid out of the opening. Thats not the cupholder's fault. Thats physics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cup Holder