997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Buying my first 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:27 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Nice car and beautiful color combo! Go to CostCo and pick up some replacement wiper blades for $8 a pop instead of having the stealership charge you $60 for what I consider to be lower quality wipers You'll be all set - have a nice drive back home.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:36 AM
XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !XR4Tim Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Don
THANK YOU. Any other road trip intel is much appreciated.

There's a ton of construction in WV and not seeing a great way around it. Bright side is DOT says construction is 8PM - 8AM.

Unfortunately rain is the forecast for Friday and Saturday. Don't know what time we'll get out of the dealership, but thinking we'll be looking for a cool place to stay about 5hrs south of Cleveland on I77...maybe I should start a road trip thread
Beautiful car - I've seen that on their site before. I'm only an hour South of Cleveland, but you could crash at my place if you wanted. Actually, I shouldn't say "crash"...

Old 03-27-2014, 10:30 AM
BrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud ofBrakingBad has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Don
THANK YOU. Any other road trip intel is much appreciated.

There's a ton of construction in WV and not seeing a great way around it. Bright side is DOT says construction is 8PM - 8AM.

Unfortunately rain is the forecast for Friday and Saturday. Don't know what time we'll get out of the dealership, but thinking we'll be looking for a cool place to stay about 5hrs south of Cleveland on I77...maybe I should start a road trip thread
I've never driven it in the rain but this will give you an idea of what that section of 421 is like.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:11 PM
plantagenet is on a distinguished road
Great looking car. I wouldn't touch the wheels they are in my opinion the best option for the 997.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
When i made the transition from 996 to 997 it was like night and day, the 996 was great, but the 997 was more practical, refined & easier to drive every day- i loved it! too bad i wrecked it now i'm driving a BMW M6 V10 510HP but still can't get the satisfaction i got from the Porsche!

Old 03-27-2014, 05:10 PM
jacksonporsche is a jewel in the roughjacksonporsche is a jewel in the roughjacksonporsche is a jewel in the roughjacksonporsche is a jewel in the rough
Love it! It definitely checks all the right boxes. I also went up from a 996 to a 997. You're gonna love it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1793.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	352017  
Old 03-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by XR4Tim
Beautiful car - I've seen that on their site before. I'm only an hour South of Cleveland, but you could crash at my place if you wanted. Actually, I shouldn't say "crash"...
Thanks for the generous offer! We are going to try to make it down I77 to I81 tomorrow. When we wake up Saturday morning we'll make the decision on whether to head to Bristol and up 421.

Thanks for all the well wishes and compliments everyone. The Porsche community is fantastic.

Looking forward to tomorrow!!

Old 03-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BrakingBad
I've never driven it in the rain but this will give you an idea of what that section of 421 is like.
Thanks for sharing the video. Wish the weather was going to be better. A little apprehensive about making the detour and spending the day in the clouds on an unfamiliar mountain rd., but we'll see how it turns out.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:54 PM
Don
Originally Posted by Scoper
Nice car and beautiful color combo! Go to CostCo and pick up some replacement wiper blades for $8 a pop instead of having the stealership charge you $60 for what I consider to be lower quality wipers You'll be all set - have a nice drive back home.
I already ordered the $70 wipers from the dealer and all weather mats. I actually called back to cancel because RJ at Goldman's said he would give me some rubber mats and take care of the wipers...but the guy at Porsche said they were already out on the truck for delivery.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Volnomad is on a distinguished road
Love that blue 911. Congratulations! Why not take I-75 back from Cincy to Knoxville? Or, you could get off I-75 in Corbin, KY, and drive through London to Middlesboro and Cumberland Gap and over Clinch Mountain to 25-E and Morristown, Tennessee. From there it's easy to cut over to Elizabethton and a great highway north of I-40 through the mountains to I-26 and Asheville. Or, you can just get on I-40 and motor through the mountains directly from Morristown to Asheville. I'll be in Asheville that Friday/Saturday. If you have time to get together, I'd love to see the car. PM me.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:02 AM
Don
Originally Posted by Volnomad
Love that blue 911. Congratulations! Why not take I-75 back from Cincy to Knoxville? Or, you could get off I-75 in Corbin, KY, and drive through London to Middlesboro and Cumberland Gap and over Clinch Mountain to 25-E and Morristown, Tennessee. From there it's easy to cut over to Elizabethton and a great highway north of I-40 through the mountains to I-26 and Asheville. Or, you can just get on I-40 and motor through the mountains directly from Morristown to Asheville. I'll be in Asheville that Friday/Saturday. If you have time to get together, I'd love to see the car. PM me.
At the airport in CLT now. I will take a look at that route, but I'm meeting friends in CLT on the way back through.

If you're in Columbia you should come down to Charleston Cars and Coffee one Saturday. We meet every Saturday. Search for Charleston Cars and Coffee on FaceBook.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:01 AM
tiyyara will become famous soon enough
Gorgeous!

Old 03-28-2014, 01:43 PM
Volnomad is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Don
At the airport in CLT now. I will take a look at that route, but I'm meeting friends in CLT on the way back through.

If you're in Columbia you should come down to Charleston Cars and Coffee one Saturday. We meet every Saturday. Search for Charleston Cars and Coffee on FaceBook.
Sounds like fun. I think there are several of us in SC. We could make it a road trip. Thanks, and have a great time on the drive home.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:37 PM
NFS007 is on a distinguished road
Sweet ride don! Did you get a PPI before buying the car? I ask because I want to know if you were concerned about the whole RMS leak issues that usually comes with these yr models...

Originally Posted by Don
Sold my 996 last week and now flying to Ohio with my son on Friday to pick up the 06 997 and drive back to South Carolina.

Lapis Blue on tan, sport chrono plus, aero, complete Fab Speed performance package and only 25K miles.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Don
All the way back in Charlotte now. Ended up just coming straight down 77 to stay with friends here in CLT.

LONG DAY, but it was a blast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying my first 997