997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

PSM off = Porsche Suicide Machine on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 08:55 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
PSM off = Porsche Suicide Machine on!

Wondering how you can induce Chris Harris style hooligan drifts?

I was, so I clicked the forbidden PSM off button and my car immediately tried to kill me. What fun!

I never realized how intrusive PSM actually is. I did a controlled experiment on the same turn. By the time the PSM light comes on the car has already saved your ***. Same turn with PSM off and... Woah! Hold on tight, don't lift, counter steer quickly and pray you don't over correct.

Don't try this at home kids.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:59 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Agree!!
I know it's Saved me many times!!

Old 04-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Amen Brother! I turned off the PSM for one lap at Thunder Hill. (I figured, "How much trouble could I get in" - turns out a fair amount.). Made me realize what a good driver the PSM is and what a crappy driver I am.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:53 PM
shewu is on a distinguished road
Good to know; I won't be pressing that button until I get some serious HPDE under my belt, and then some.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:34 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
when my car was rebuilt it was the first things to be removed. One of the reasons my car stays off the road until the temps go past 50. Then again I've been driving without it on cars since I learned to drive on a three on a tree.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:00 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
yes it can save you. good as a learning tool to get smoother.

but there is no arguing that turning it off is a faster way around a track, especially when car has stickier tires, better brakes, upgraded susp (i.e. the electronics/sensors are calibrated for OEM equipment, after all). even in stock form the 997 PSM is too invasive for track applications when driving at the limit. i hear the .2 models were a little less invasive and that the 991 is far less but have not driven either version.