997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Durametric Pro worthless for coding my car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 01:44 PM
cool flash is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Durametric Pro worthless for coding my car!

I acquired a Durametric Pro interface specifically for the added functions of coding.

So I tried to activate the automatic door locking at speed >5 function. The control module shows appropriate setting but function doesnt work. So I try to activate the comfort window function. Again setting shows as activated but doesnt work.

Duramtric support is also just as pityful. I sent them an email asking on how to code a specific function and they tell me to read the manual which I have read and it doesnt say.

For me, durametric is just a 700 US$ to read and clear error codes.

Regards,

CF

Last edited by cool flash; 06-25-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Phil_D will become famous soon enoughPhil_D will become famous soon enough
Coding the windows requires the following settings;

Alarm
Comfort Radio Remote : Active
Comfort Function Window : Active

Left Door
Comfort Closing : On
Comfort Opening: Off

Right Door
Comfort Closing : On
Comfort Opening: Off

Old 06-25-2014, 03:49 PM
Do you have a sport chrono? As I understand it you cannot activate any sport chrono feature if you do not have it, even PIWIS will not be able to do it.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:46 PM
kcheves is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Phil_D
Do you have a sport chrono? As I understand it you cannot activate any sport chrono feature if you do not have it, even PIWIS will not be able to do it.
Porsche doesn't make this easy for us with their feature names, but I think you are referring to Sport Chrono Plus, which allows for personal settings in the PCM.

My 2008 Cayman had Sport Chrono and the CDR-24 (so no personal settings in the PCM), and my dealer was able to enable automatic locking of the doors in PIWIS.

So if I undertood Phil_D correctly, my experience with a Cayman contradicts his understanding that functions that are available as personal settings in the PCM can't be set by PIWIS. I have no idea whether Caymans and Carreras behave differently in this respect, or whether this is true for all of the personal settings that can be set in the PCM.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:17 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
read thru the few durametric posts here & RL for 997, 997TT & also on planet9- there were few posts on how to activate various items- it's not intuitive from the setting names.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:31 PM
spf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the roughspf4000 is a jewel in the rough
Once you activate the auto door lock function using Durametric, you have to go into PCM and activate the door lock option that will now appear under the system option.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks for all replies.

I do not have sport chrono.

I have made the settings as shown in post 2 but no dice.

I will make the setting as discussed in post 6 and report back.

Anyway, anyone interested in a very lightly used durametric pro interface?

Old 06-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by kcheves
Porsche doesn't make this easy for us with their feature names, but I think you are referring to Sport Chrono Plus, which allows for personal settings in the PCM.
I'm referring to Sport Chrono, (I believe although not certain that Sport Chrono Plus was only available on .2 PDK cars), which on a 997 allows to set various things with the PCM, one of these being the auto door locks. I know someone that tried to have the dealer set the auto door locking with no Sport Chrono and it did not work. I have also heard this from other sources. That's not to say it can't be done, as dealers sometimes don't get things right.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by cool flash
I have made the settings as shown in post 2 but no dice.
That works for me and others. I have the comfort windows working just fine. Why you have to have Comfort Opening: Off is beyond me, but that's the way it works. You may want to try switching those for both doors, as I seem to recall someone had them working with the Comfort Closing: Off and Comfort Opening: On.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:50 AM
kcheves is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Phil_D
I'm referring to Sport Chrono, (I believe although not certain that Sport Chrono Plus was only available on .2 PDK cars), which on a 997 allows to set various things with the PCM, one of these being the auto door locks. I know someone that tried to have the dealer set the auto door locking with no Sport Chrono and it did not work. I have also heard this from other sources. That's not to say it can't be done, as dealers sometimes don't get things right.
I'm pretty sure Sport Chrono Plus was available on the 997.1 to enable logbook and personal settings on the PCM. The Sport Plus button was added on 997.2 for launch control.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:12 PM
I have a 2010 997.2 with 6MT and no sport chrono.

Regards,

CF

Old 06-26-2014, 12:44 PM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cool flash
I have a 2010 997.2 with 6MT and no sport chrono.

Regards,

CF
If this is important to you, it sounds like you'd have to pay to get the Sport Chrono upgrade first, then pay a dealer to enable it for you. The cost for a 997.2 with MT is $902.39 + dealer PIWIs coding charge. (See http://content3.eu.porsche.com/prod/...rm&country=usa). Yes, that it absurd, but that is Porsche and their optioning. Note that there is no wart with the post-factory install, but you do get the features (which is a bigger deal for a PDK than a MT due to the shifting remap).

Old 06-26-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm pretty sure Sport Chrono Plus was available on the 997.1 to enable logbook and personal settings on the PCM. The Sport Plus button was added on 997.2 for launch control.
I have Sport Chrono on .1 and can set the personal settings via the PCM.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:53 PM
my experience with a Cayman contradicts his understanding that functions that are available as personal settings in the PCM can't be set by PIWIS.
No, I said that if you don't have the settings, ie: no Sport Chrono, then they can't be set with PIWIS.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:01 PM
So what can I actually code successfully with the interface then???

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Durametric Pro worthless for coding my car!