997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 GT3 Airbox for 997.1 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 11:42 AM
wchai is on a distinguished road
997.1 GT3 Airbox for 997.1 C2S

Has anyone done this mod? I am considering adding the GT3 airbox to my 997.1 C2S to match the GT3 decklid. I know I can get the aftermarket filter kit but I prefer to keep everything factory. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:14 PM
GixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to behold
Wink

If you decide to do it, I have a K&N filter kit for GT3 Ill sell you cheap!

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=63-7001

Just FYI, you'll need a MAF sensor housing from a GT3 for this to work, the C2S has it mounted on the intake piping and cannot be relocated to fit a GT3 air box without an alternate housing option.

Other than that the Air inlet is offset to the right side when facing the rear of the car, vs. the left side on a C2S, but since you said you have a GT3 deck lid you got that part covered!

Last edited by GixxerGino; 09-19-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:04 AM
wchai is on a distinguished road
Can you please send me a picture of what you got? How old is it? I know the filter is supposedly lifetime, just wanted to know how much it has been used.

The MAF housing is mounted next to the filter housing on the website picture, right? How about the diameter of the tubing? Will it fit the TB on my 997.1 TB?

Didn't you convert to GT3 rear deck too? What did you do to your air intake?

Old 09-23-2014, 07:04 PM
GixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Originally Posted by wchai
Can you please send me a picture of what you got? How old is it? I know the filter is supposedly lifetime, just wanted to know how much it has been used.

The MAF housing is mounted next to the filter housing on the website picture, right? How about the diameter of the tubing? Will it fit the TB on my 997.1 TB?

Didn't you convert to GT3 rear deck too? What did you do to your air intake?

I bought the intake from a seller on Rennlist, I don't think it has many miles at all looks newer, but truthfully I'm unsure.

I bought it to use it with my GT3 decklid, but ended up buying a fabspeed competition intake instead. It isn't going to fit onto your throttle body because that is not what it bolts to on a GT3 or your car. You MUST buy the GT3 Mass air flow housing for ANY gt3 intake to work. PM me your email and I will send you pics.