997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

TPMS Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 05:29 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
TPMS Issue

I reset my TPMS readouts and now the only two tires that are being read are the front and rear on the right (passenger) side. I have redone the reset twice with the same results. When I do the reset I get the yellow ! symbol and a notice that the system is resetting; maybe 15-20 seconds later the ! symbol quits blinking and I get a notice that the reset is done, but with the same results each time.

Time to replace my TPMS sensors?

Old 09-28-2014, 06:08 PM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
Have you replaced them? If 2009, it is probably time.

My 2007 were replaced 3 years ago.

Old 09-28-2014, 06:30 PM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PTParks
I reset my TPMS readouts and now the only two tires that are being read are the front and rear on the right (passenger) side. I have redone the reset twice with the same results. When I do the reset I get the yellow ! symbol and a notice that the system is resetting; maybe 15-20 seconds later the ! symbol quits blinking and I get a notice that the reset is done, but with the same results each time.

Time to replace my TPMS sensors?
If you can find someone to lend you access to their Durametric, or if the dealer's service department feels inclined to give you a reading without charging too much, you can query the TPMS sensors to find how months they report they have remaining.

Old 09-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Robocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really nice
Try deflating the tire all the way and inflate it again by adding a few more PSI. Then, try to reset the TPMS. Good luck!

Old 09-28-2014, 07:43 PM
the997dude is on a distinguished road
Dude I've been having issues with my TPMS for the past month. It's always my rear right tire. Everyday it's something different. First it says it's flat tyre ! Then it says partial reading only then it says can not read the pressure in the tire so it's just "--" or it shows as 0. The error in the speedometer gauge shows the (,,,,) looking thing and also shows "!" And sometimes it just goes away. Putting air in the tire has no effect on these errors. It's getting ridiculous, I've seen all the errors in the same day. Then go away for about 2 miles and then come back. Everytime I start my car I have no idea what it's going to tell me. I've tried to reset it, set it to summer tires, make sure it's in partial load, etc. TPMS sucks. I'd rather not even have it.

Old 09-29-2014, 04:36 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
my 09 shows years left on the batteries using a durametric tool.
I would also suggest testing it this way and then you ll know what direction to go.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:21 AM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by the997dude
Dude I've been having issues with my TPMS for the past month. It's always my rear right tire. Everyday it's something different. First it says it's flat tyre ! Then it says partial reading only then it says can not read the pressure in the tire so it's just "--" or it shows as 0. The error in the speedometer gauge shows the (,,,,) looking thing and also shows "!" And sometimes it just goes away. Putting air in the tire has no effect on these errors. It's getting ridiculous, I've seen all the errors in the same day. Then go away for about 2 miles and then come back. Everytime I start my car I have no idea what it's going to tell me. I've tried to reset it, set it to summer tires, make sure it's in partial load, etc. TPMS sucks. I'd rather not even have it.
Do you know if they have been previously replaced? I would guess that maybe the prior owner replaced them with an aftermarket solution. I seem to recall threads saying that non-factory replacements sometimes had problems. I would be annoyed with what you report too, maybe enough to pay to get new factory ones.

For what its worth, in my 2009 C2S they work flawlessly and report a little over 50 months remaining across all wheels (I looked with a Durametric just a couple of weeks ago). I don't think mine have been replaced and if not the lifetime is pretty amazing. Maybe they were replaced as part of the CPO process but I don't see that on the service history report.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the advice but unfortunate I highly doubt the previous owner did some sort of aftermarket TPMS because the car was one owner, 3 year lease and when he returned it I bought it. He didn't change anything on the car at all so it wouldn't make sense that he would just change the TPMS sensors. :-(

Old 09-29-2014, 05:59 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Yeah, thanks everyone. Looks like its off to the dealer for a little diagnostic work.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Please let us know !

Old 09-29-2014, 07:18 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
what's parked to your left in the garage?

Old 09-30-2014, 03:59 AM
Originally Posted by Domer911
what's parked to your left in the garage?
An electron microscope and my particle accelerator. Why?

Actually a Ford Focus (which has nothing much to do with acceleration).

I'm doing the resets outside of the garage.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:14 AM
Fahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to allFahrer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PTParks
An electron microscope and my particle accelerator. Why?

Actually a Ford Focus (which has nothing much to do with acceleration).

I'm doing the resets outside of the garage.
I would do the re-sets away from any other car....e.g. in an empty parking lot.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:04 AM
Learned something that may be useful from my service advisor while in for service this morning. I mentioned that I had just checked my TPMS and they reported 50 months remaining. He checked the service record and says they were never replaced so they are original.

He said that they will almost always run out before the end of CPO and that if they do and they read dead, the CPO will cover them. Most interestingly, he said that the months remaining readout is very untrustworthy and that there is a service bulletin saying that with around 20 months remaining via the readout they are on the verge of imminent failure and they will plunge to 0 shortly afterwards. He is betting that my 50 months will drop to zero before the end of 2015.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:17 AM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
As I briefly mentioned, my '07 TPMS were replaced a few years back. One week, 1 wheel would not register, then register, not register.....; after 2 weeks, 2 wheels would not register...... I finally took the car to the dealer and they replaced them under CPO.

BTW, my laptop at the moment has an old battery. When I look at my desktop, the monitor says it has 2 hours remaining. In reality, as soon as I unhook the power cable, the battery drains in 15 minutes. This paragraph is in reference to what your dealer said about the "months remaining" test they did.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TPMS Issue