997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

IPD Competition Plenum/Fabspeed Headers/House Motorsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 04:06 PM
bogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nice
Thumbs up IPD Competition Plenum/Fabspeed Headers/House Motorsports

Thought id post my experience without threadjacking the other IPD plenum thread .

So car is a 997.1s cabrio. Mods include:

AWE High Flow Cats
AWE Mufflers
HRE Springs
Ruger Mesh Wheels
Led Tails/DRLs and sidemarkers

After reading alot and talking to a few vendors I happened upon Jason at House motorsports. He was quick to answer my posts here regarding these modifications. I checked House reviews on yelp etc and they were all excellent. So I called him directly I had several informative conversations with him in which he answered all my questions regardless of how simple or difficult they were. He gave me great advice and excellent pricing on both parts. BTW he specifically told me I would get more bang for the buck with the IPD and suggested if I only did one of the mods to go with the pleneum. Because like most of us im a bit obsessed so I ordered both!

The headers got here first and I installed them and took the car for a ride. The exhaust note was slitghtly different probably a bit more aggressive. Cant say a felt a ton on the butt dyno but the again I didnt expect much. I am pleased with the quality of the part as well as the slight increase in butt dyno and improved exhaust note.

I was lucky enough to snag a used GT3 throttle body off ebay and saved a few bucks. Well I just completed the plenum and throttle body install and took the car for a ride. My impressions:

Holy Crap!! The car feels like it woke up particularly above 4000rpms. The exhaust and intake growl is more pronounced and sounds absolutely amazing. The car felt significantly faster in 2, 3 and 4. I did a few pulls from 50 - 90 and honestly it felt like a new experience. Although I am typically skeptical and as a result my expectations were not over the top, these mods, particularly the plenum exceeded my expectations. Cant seem to wipe the stupid grin off my face.

Thanks again to Jason at House. Highly recommended and knowledgable enthusiast

Oh one more note. I called Jason a few times with questions and he happily got me the answers I needed including tracking down the torque specs for the throttle body bolts.

Couple of photos attached.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	031.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	412002   Click image for larger version

Name:	663.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	412004   Click image for larger version

Name:	685.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	412005   Click image for larger version

Name:	687.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	412006   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3786.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	412007  

Old 01-15-2015, 08:55 PM
mk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nice
I'm excited to hear. I have same parts here to install over the winter

Old 01-15-2015, 09:10 PM
Don
Don is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to allDon is a name known to all
what are the torque specs for the tb?

Old 01-15-2015, 09:49 PM
bogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nicebogart101 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Don
what are the torque specs for the tb?
I was told to not to exceed 8 ft lbs. I went to 7.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by mk3boy
I'm excited to hear. I have same parts here to install over the winter
You'll love em!!

Old 01-15-2015, 11:30 PM
PatrickBateman is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the review Op...ive experienced some of the same "butt dyno" feelings with the IPD/GT3 Sandwitch. I feel it really start to pull in the upper 4K rpm mark. I lost low end grunt imo. And I also installed RSS Under drive pully as well at the same time.

Overall pleased, as I tend to drive in higher rpm ranges anyways ...typically not below 3K rpm unless coming to a stop. From a dig, I personally think stock is better.

PB~

Old 01-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the kind words Seth!

I'm glad you are getting the same results I've been raving about for quite some time now - it really does transform these cars with such a simple bolt on modification.

As a personal thing, I really think our industry could benefit from transparency and honesty...at the end of the day we are all enthusiasts no matter how you slice it.

Again, can't thank you enough for the continued support fellas -feel free to call me anytime with questions, comments or just to talk shop. In the meantime... go out and drive and have a great weekend

- Jason