997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

First Impression - FVD Brombacher Headers & 200 Cell Cats installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 04:56 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
First Impression - FVD Brombacher Headers & 200 Cell Cats installed

First, thanks RAC Performance for another pleasant visit never drive off their lot with some sort of regret. Big kudos to RAC technician for doing those extra things beside the main install, his dedication didn’t go unnoticed a “nice” gratuity was rewarded.

Second, thank again to House Motorsport for their technical advises and purchase. Last but not least, FVD wasn’t kid about performance gain and zero torque loss.

So was it worth it? Big grin all the way…like it a lot. The F1 intoxicated like sound is addictive; the biggest rush of all is the performance, what a huge difference in power gain. Not sure why all the talk about low end torque loss, quite the opposite. I am sure the GT3 TB, plenum, and X51 air box factored to the gain…but man…what a difference. Cruising at 70 MPH, ~3K RPM, paddle shifted to 4th nailed it, by the time the Tiptronic auto-shifted to 5th at 7200 rpm; speed was in triple digits…WOW!

It’s no near a 997.1 GT3, but …pretty darn close. I am happy.

ECU tuned next or maybe not

Attached Images      
Old 04-04-2015, 05:10 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
with Sport mode off, normal driving sound is near stock...with on...barely noticed...but wife will.

AND NO Drones, CEL, or gas smell

Old 04-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
tphan -- Thanks for sharing! It was a pleasure working with you throughout the process

Glad you are enjoying them, seriously works of art. AND the performance to back it up as well! Your mods definitely compliment the headers perfectly, exactly the type of airflow increases we like to see when extracting gains out of a naturally aspirated motor.

- Jason

Old 04-06-2015, 06:01 PM
To be honest, I was a little nervous about minimal performance gain, drones, smelly fumes smell, CEL, etc...but thus far i am really happy and can't wait for another fix (drive).

never has experience with other brand of exhaust for, but if some one ask, i have to say this stuff works.

The most expensive set of headers was Kook for my 408 supercharged stroker, (cough cough), we have to hammer it to clear the steering column. Mr. Kook himself admitted his products required "custom" work LOL! & he sent new gaskets...

TY

Old 04-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
Haaaaa, I have no cats and AWE mufflers and did not notice any torque loss. I also dont notice any horrible smells and I have a cab with the top down all the time. The sound, like you said is amazing on these cars with exhaust work. Im seriously thinking of jumping on Jason's Fabspeed header deal!

Old 04-06-2015, 09:36 PM
SE3P is on a distinguished road
Wow, looks nice. Is this a lot louder? Any drone on the highway? I've had catless cars before... never again. Pretty much passing out when stuck in traffic or in parking garages. How are the 200 cell cats in this regard? I assume they're smellier than OEM but not too obnoxious?

Old 04-07-2015, 08:01 AM
nycgenius will become famous soon enough
Awesome, we need some sound clips!!

Old 04-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
So glad you are happy tphan.

Not many people know this but our headers are manufactured by the same supplier (M&M Exhaust GmbH) that supplies the current POMO exhausts for the boys in Weissach. To us they are the highest quality and best performing available headers and cats available. Enjoy!

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 04-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Former Vendor
HOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeHOUSE Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SE3P
Wow, looks nice. Is this a lot louder? Any drone on the highway? I've had catless cars before... never again. Pretty much passing out when stuck in traffic or in parking garages. How are the 200 cell cats in this regard? I assume they're smellier than OEM but not too obnoxious?
With any high quality 200 cell / high flow cats - you won't notice any increase in smell vs. OEM cats.

Unless it's a full on race car, looking to extract every single possible ounce of power - I always recommend high quality, high flow cats.

- Jason

Old 04-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Cold start is bit louder than stock, with sport mode off i could cruise next to a motorcycle cop w/o getting noticed. The F1 like sound only come on from 3-7K rpm. No smell what so ever. CATs are HJS no smelly gas fumes, absolutely no drones at any speed.

Will try get sound clip, but have to hear it person...it's crazy good.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:04 AM
quantwothree is just really nicequantwothree is just really nicequantwothree is just really nicequantwothree is just really nice
looks great! can't wait for sound clips

Old 06-23-2017, 09:30 PM
lowbee is on a distinguished road
Thinking about adding FVD headers for my 997.1S, went to the German website and saw 3 headers without much descriptions..... which is the one @tphan get ? the 1,469 one ?

Rhonda@FVD, can you explain the significant difference between the 3 offering below:

1. Are they all made in Germany ?
2. Are they all use T-316 Stainless steel ?
3. Do they all have the same size primary runners ?
4. What is the inside diameter of the primary runners for each one ?
5. What is the warranty period of these headers ?
6. Do they all have similar performance gain ?
7. Do all 3 sound the same ?

Old 06-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lowbee
Thinking about adding FVD headers for my 997.1S, went to the German website and saw 3 headers without much descriptions..... which is the one @tphan get ? the 1,469 one ?

Rhonda@FVD, can you explain the significant difference between the 3 offering below:

1. Are they all made in Germany ?
2. Are they all use T-316 Stainless steel ?
3. Do they all have the same size primary runners ?
4. What is the inside diameter of the primary runners for each one ?
5. What is the warranty period of these headers ?
6. Do they all have similar performance gain ?
7. Do all 3 sound the same ?

At least 1 of those is a larger diameter setup (maybe the one on the left) and would only marry up properly to their larger diameter system (mufflers, cats, tips). What's important in upgraded headers is that you get a version where all the pipe lengths for each cylinder are the same, which looks like the long tube version on the right, but check with Rhonda at FVD as she's very helpful.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:42 AM
SoCal C2S is on a distinguished road
I'm really jealous....here in CA I can't get past smog laws to get this beautiful setup.....sigh.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:00 AM
@Lowbee, my car has PSE i purchased the headers & 200 cell cats combo package. The headers are equal length so it is Part #: 210 111 997 $1570.00 USD or 1469.00 BGP. The deal was handled by Jason Rangsipat at House Motorsport (super nice experience).

Does your has PSE? sounded like you already have some kind of aftermarket CATs.

Good luck.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fvd.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	589.7 KB
ID:	478855  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First Impression - FVD Brombacher Headers & 200 Cell Cats installed