997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Extended warranties or service plans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Nastee_C4S is on a distinguished road
Extended warranties or service plans

I'm looking at a 5yr/60,000 mile plan with $100.00 deductible at $4350.00. Platinum plan which covers everything. And being told its basically a bumper to bumper warranty. Was curious as to others who have purchased similar plans and how much you spent. If the dealership is in the ballpark or a little over board on their pricing. With the vehicle and the cost I spent on my recent scheduled maintenance. Its definitely worth getting just for any unforeseen repairs.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Alexandriusv will become famous soon enough
Very important to know any repair history and how many miles it has and which services have been done.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:09 PM
PatrickBateman is on a distinguished road
Man...I wish I had your guys' money to spend on a warranty. That's a huge chunk of change. Sorry, cant ever remember a catastrophic failure on any vehicle ive owned over the last 25 years.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:32 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Nastee_C4S
I'm looking at a 5yr/60,000 mile plan with $100.00 deductible at $4350.00. Platinum plan which covers everything. And being told its basically a bumper to bumper warranty. Was curious as to others who have purchased similar plans and how much you spent. If the dealership is in the ballpark or a little over board on their pricing. With the vehicle and the cost I spent on my recent scheduled maintenance. Its definitely worth getting just for any unforeseen repairs.

You did not mention warranty company. I am assuming Fidelity Warranty Services which is a good warranty organization.

As for pricing, always a good idea to get two or three competitive pricing on the same coverage with the same Fidelity product. Call Fidelity Warranty customer service and ask for the names of 5 or more dealers (any brand of vehicle works as they all sell the same product) and call them (or stop by and speak to the F&I manager) and explain that you are looking for a quote. I saved almost 45% from my Porsche dealer quote compared to the Honda dealer who sold me the policy. I think the pricing you got was a bit high and suspect you can get the same policy for a lot less.

Mark

Last edited by mjsporsche; 06-09-2015 at 04:35 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:06 AM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Originally Posted by PatrickBateman
Man...I wish I had your guys' money to spend on a warranty. That's a huge chunk of change. Sorry, cant ever remember a catastrophic failure on any vehicle ive owned over the last 25 years.
You don't need it, until you need it!Then you can talk about catastrophic! I have Fidelity Platinum also 5 year 60,000 and I believe I spent right around $4000? It was from the Porsche dealer where I purchased it.

Last edited by MYC2SPC; 06-09-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:15 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MYC2SPC
You don't need it, until you need it!Then you can talk about catastrophic! I have Fidelity Platinum also 5 year 60,000 and I believe I spent right around $4000? It was from the Porsche dealer where I purchased it.

And the small things add up as well. My dealer charged Fidelity $1250 for replacing the failing TPMS sensors.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by mjsporsche
You did not mention warranty company.

As for pricing, always a good idea to get two or three competitive pricing on the same coverage with the same Fidelity product. Call Fidelity Warranty customer service and ask for the names of 5 or more dealers (any brand of vehicle works as they all sell the same product) and call them (or stop by and speak to the F&I manager) and explain that you are looking for a quote. I saved almost 45% from my Porsche dealer quote compared to the Honda dealer who sold me the policy. I think the pricing you got was a bit high and suspect you can get the same policy for a lot less.

Mark

Yeah didn't mention the company because I was corresponding with a member from my local Porsche dealership. So that being said im sure it was a fidelity but was never specified through our emails. BTW great advice and thnx for the tip.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:31 AM

Unless you have the upgraded bearing in your 08 you may end up with a catastrophic failure. Or even your oil seals. which 05-08 are known for and is why I opted for an 09. To steer away from those engine issues. But you honestly cant put a price tag on piece of mind. I actually learned that through my first marriage. Glad shes gown!

Old 06-10-2015, 09:00 AM
rickdogg82 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Nastee_C4S
Unless you have the upgraded bearing in your 08 you may end up with a catastrophic failure. Or even your oil seals. which 05-08 are known for and is why I opted for an 09. To steer away from those engine issues. But you honestly cant put a price tag on piece of mind. I actually learned that through my first marriage. Glad shes gown!

Did you buy an extended warranty for your '09?

Old 06-10-2015, 09:24 AM
rickdogg82 will become famous soon enough
The peace of mind aspect is the top selling point.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by rickdogg82
Did you buy an extended warranty for your '09?
No that's what im looking into now. And is the reason for this thread wanting to make sure the asking price of the policy is average or way high.