997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Must have options for 06-07 Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 12:07 PM
mjb2503 is on a distinguished road
Must have options for 06-07 Cab

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a 997 convertible, most likely an 06. I'm more familiar with the standard equipment and options on the Cayenne's (I have a 958 CTT), so am looking for some advice and what to look for option wise on a C2S or C4 cab. What do you have and love or wish you had on your cars?

Thanks for you help!

Old 06-06-2015, 01:20 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Full leather, sport exhaust, sport chrono, x-51 power kit (if you can find one).

Old 06-06-2015, 02:58 PM
slammp is on a distinguished road
Plus 1 on the full leather. If you can find it I'd go for the leather center console as well. The oem center console is not very nice looking.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:48 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
IMS upgrade???

Old 06-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Once you get it, add two important aftermarket modifications:

1. Mobridge M2 Pro. This will allow you to have nicely integrated bluetooth telephone connectivity and bluetooth streaming audio with the stock PCM 2.1 unit.
2. Smart Top module. This allows for one touch operation of the top (up or down), plus the ability to raise and lower the top with the key fob. It has a few other nice features as well.

Both of these options are essentially "invisible", so you can't tell that the car isn't stock.

Factory options that I like include: PSE, Sport Chrono, Adaptive Sport Seats, Thicker, Sport Steering Wheel, PCCB.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Miami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud ofMiami4me has much to be proud of
If you're talking about performance, or just sound, I'd take it slowly at first. Get a feel for what you like and don't like. I thought Bluetooth and a modern head unit were essential. After almost two years, I look forward to not having to talk on the phone when I drive. I rarely listen to anything but NPR, so the antiquated PCM 2.1suits me fine.

My first mod was a new air intake tube that bypassed the Helmhotlz resonator, at a cost of about $25. Of course, do the clear side markers for not much more. The intake gave me an appetite for enhancing the sound. The gundo hack is a simple way to give the exhaust a healthy growl (around $300). I've since added an IPD plenum, Fabspeed X-pipes, and an ECU flash. These were after I'd driven my car enough to know what I really wanted. The list of possibilities is almost endless. There wouldn't be that many choices unless there were owners with that many sets of needs or tastes. For me, a carbon fiber aerokit wing was a must have; to others, it's an ugly waste of money.

Have fun, and enjoy the process.

Old 06-06-2015, 07:51 PM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
BOSE! For that top down audio

Old 06-07-2015, 08:01 AM
mjb2503 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the suggestions, I've definitely got a good shopping list now.

What's the difference between partial and full leather? Just the dash and center console or other areas too?

Also, was adjustable suspension an option back then? I love it in the Cayenne, especially with my knackered back, going from comfort mode in that to sport mode in a 911 may be a bit of a shock

Old 06-07-2015, 08:38 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mjb2503
Thanks for all the suggestions, I've definitely got a good shopping list now. What's the difference between partial and full leather? Just the dash and center console or other areas too? Also, was adjustable suspension an option back then? I love it in the Cayenne, especially with my knackered back, going from comfort mode in that to sport mode in a 911 may be a bit of a shock
Full leather includes the doors, dash, stereo trim and rear side panels. IMO, I wouldn't get a Pcar without it.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
+1 for full leather interior. Good call. You'll also find that some cars have additional leather options, like the visors, seat backs, defroster trims, shifter gate, etc. The more leather, the better. A painted center console is another very nice option to add some contrast to the interior. It's not common, but you'll see it out there. It can be added to a car easily as well.

Adjustable suspension was available. Look for cars with the "sport" button and a button with a shock absorber icon on the dash to indicate that they have PASM.

Last edited by Dennis C; 06-07-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:27 AM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
Full leather is the one thing my car doesn't have that I truly wish it did. The car I got was just too good to pass up, despite lacking it. It obviously doesn't make the car go faster but the leather really makes it feel more special.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:44 AM
thedips is on a distinguished road
wow even before opening this thread i was thinking my car would have been perfect with OEM full leather. makes upgrading replacing trim easier and less a pain in the butt

Old 06-07-2015, 03:07 PM
kcheves is on a distinguished road
I have a heavily optioned 09, but could live without most of the options. For me, must haves would be a 6 speed, a color combination I liked, heated sports seats (or adaptive sport seats) and maybe full leather. And if you can swing it, get an S. Along with more power and bigger brakes, PASM is standard.

+1 on the SmartTop. It's an easy install and makes the car way better.

Last edited by kcheves; 06-07-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:57 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
for a cab, I would get the S with heated seats and full leather

then add SSK (manual), SmarTop and light wheels.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Nastee_C4S is on a distinguished road
+1 for the leather and the X51. Wish mine had the X51 the only thing its missing.