Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

in the market for a '07-'10 Vantage V8, what are the advantages of each model year?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 12:36 AM
evermore is on a distinguished road
in the market for a '07-'10 Vantage V8, what are the advantages of each model year?

I'm slowly getting my ducks in a row to make this happen and was just pre-approved for a $65k car loan.

I am considering these model years as those are within my budget. I figure newer is usually better as problems get addressed with each model year. What are the relative advantages though? How much of a premium makes sense to pay for a '09 or '10 over the the '07-08s?

As for options, I am not even decided on coupe vs. roadster but I has to have the sportshift transmission... but are there particular model years to avoid in regards to roadster soft tops or the sportshift?

Thanks!

Michael

Old 09-02-2015, 02:17 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Pm me, I have an 09 meteorite with sandstorm interior no issues AM CERTIFIED sportshift with 43,000 miles available... Just traded for 2015 GT.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I have a 2007 Vantage 6 spd stick coupe, that I bought used last summer with 2800 miles. I bought the car from my local Aston Martin dealer so i have the Aston preowned warranty for a year. A later car or newer car is that way to go. I think a 4.7 might be a stretch, at least in a drop top.Unless you don't mind a higher milage car. there are some good cars out there with 30-48,000 or so miles on them. As long as they have been serviced and taken care of. And you get the car inspected you should be ok. The 4.7 and later sport shift auto trans are much improved. good luck with your search. I think you are on a good forum for your questions.
Ron

Old 09-02-2015, 01:23 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
You should get the book. It has all the information you need to focus your search. You can go to pistonheads where there is a link to buy it.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:23 AM
yvr
yvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud ofyvr has much to be proud of
It's also the second link in our own FAQ

Old 09-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by yvr
It's also the second link in our own FAQ
ordered the book!

Old 09-03-2015, 07:09 PM
narrowed down to roadsters and most likely '09/'10 model years

After giving it a bit more thought, I've narrowed it down to the roadster over the coupe given that I live in California and that the engine sound will be even more pronounced with the open top

Old 09-04-2015, 01:51 AM
kiryu is on a distinguished road
I have the same questions as the OP. Me and my wife also thinks the v8 vantage is probably one of the best looking cars money can buy..and we are also looking for one as well, a sportshift

We are looking for 2009+ for the 4.7 and misc. updates, but after reading through the forum FAQ it appears there are a lot of small quirky issues happening in all years...

Old 09-04-2015, 07:00 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Kiryu, you should get the book in the FAQ section!

But in general every year has their perks. Obviously old the model year, the perks is more about "value"

All british cars have their quirks, its just a part of the ownership..

Old 09-04-2015, 07:18 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mkzhang
All british cars have their quirks, its just a part of the ownership..
Also take into account folks usually post about problems rather than trouble-free cars. I work in customer support and I've never had a customer call to tell me their network is running fine.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:21 AM
Hi guys...this might be off topic...

Did any of you aston vantage owners ever considered the F type? since it's in the ballpark of 2009+ V8 vantages, and will probably cost a lot less in the next few years or so due to the steep depreciation.

We thought about that car as well, mainly coz they come with certified used warranty so it's a plus not having to worry about repairs for the next 4 years or so...but it's not an aston of course

Old 09-04-2015, 09:02 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I thought about the R-Coupe. But after seeing one in person I stopped thinking about it. Pretty nice but a bit bling'd out. I don't care for the looks from the rear and the interior doesn't do it for me. If I wanted something really fast why not just get a Hellcat?

Old 09-04-2015, 09:29 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
I've sat in a f type before

Aston interior = wow this is an interior of something that cost a lot more

F type interior = wow I paid 80k for an interior of a 3 series BMW

Old 09-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by mkzhang
I've sat in a f type before

Aston interior = wow this is an interior of something that cost a lot more

F type interior = wow I paid 80k for an interior of a 3 series BMW
Oh really?

seems like me and my wife should actually test drive one instead of looking through the glass in a dealership...thanks for the input

Old 09-23-2016, 01:50 PM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BUGABOO66
I'm looking into getting a 2007 Vantage in the next year or two. Are you happy with yours? Any reco's in what to look for (mileage amounts to avoid, Sportshift vs. stick shift, etc.)? Does the car really need a $1500 tune-up every year?
Despite my '07 being forsale at the moment, I have been thrilled with ownership & driving. It really has been a dream! (Actually another forum member has agreed to purchase it but I'll be back in an AM after the V8 refresh) The yearly oil change is about $350 in parts with similar labor costs if a dealer does it. It would be wise to budget for other non-scheduled repairs as parts are expensive.

This topic comes up frequently so read around the forum for a list of items to check for. I personally preferred a 6spd b/c I wanted to row my own but also had read about many problems with the sportshift. There are varying opinions on the driveability & durability of both transmissions. Common things to check are clutch wear, timing cover leak, AOS leak, thermostat replacement, door struts, TPMS warning, the list goes on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: in the market for a '07-'10 Vantage V8, what are the advantages of each model year?