997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Kicking out the 911 - best cover?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 11:29 AM
Carolina Girl has a spectacular aura aboutCarolina Girl has a spectacular aura aboutCarolina Girl has a spectacular aura about

Sooo, my Panamera and 911 have been happily co-existing in our 2-car garage.

I get a text today from my husband - from the Porsche dealership.

He has joined the Porsche family for the first time and has traded his Lexus SUV for a new Cayenne, so my poor 911 (the oldest of the bunch) is going to have to make way for his new vehicle.

I haven't been in the market for a cover in years, and don't know what brand I should be looking at for an outdoor cover for the 911.

It gets very hot here (NC), and we live on the edge of a woods with a lot of leaf and tree debris. (Does not snow or freeze up much.)

Could I get some suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 08-31-2015, 12:01 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Seniority rules. The 911 stays in the garage.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:07 PM
Carolina Girl has a spectacular aura aboutCarolina Girl has a spectacular aura aboutCarolina Girl has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PTParks
Seniority rules. The 911 stays in the garage.

That was my first thought too, but I have been getting my way a lot here lately (ordered new Panamera Sat.), so I thought I'd play nice.

Old 08-31-2015, 05:50 PM
nwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond reputenwGTS has a reputation beyond repute

Can't go wrong with the OEM outdoor cover.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:06 PM
phily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura about
Time for a bigger garage!

Old 08-31-2015, 06:12 PM
Flying Cat will become famous soon enoughFlying Cat will become famous soon enough
I have similar situation. In my case, seniority rules, so my 911S stays in, but my newest car, a Mercedes Benz E350 coupe, will have to stay out so my wife's car shares the garage with my Porsche.

After researching car covers for several days, I decided the best car cover, is the Covercraft. They are custom made covers. They one I will be getting is the Covercraft Weathershield HP. Note, I also live in NC.

I have no affiliation with Covercraft. They have large selection of materials and reviews and several car forums are positive: www.covercraft.com

For our next home, I plan on buying a four post car lift, so 3 cars can fit in a two car garage: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...our-post-lifts

Good luck.

Last edited by Flying Cat; 08-31-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:41 AM
phily, What is ironic is that when we built this house, the plans called for a 3 car garage, but it "closed down" the back of the house too much, and so I revised the plan down to two. :/

Thank you, Flying Cat. I was looking at their covers yesterday.

What a cool idea on the post lift. They are not as much $ as I always thought either.

Hmmm.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:21 AM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
Boo, park the Panamera outside.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:46 AM
phily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura about
If you have the ceiling height the lifts are a great idea.

Which car is your daily? I would personally park my daily outside over a car that i drive a few times a week.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:44 PM
lowbee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by phily911

Agree

AWD for the Snow, C2S for the Summer

Old 09-02-2015, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by phily911

Which car is your daily? I would personally park my daily outside over a car that i drive a few times a week.
The dd goes between the Panamera and the 911. (More often the Panamera.)

Husband drives the 911 rarely. (He's not allowed to after scrubbing the wheels on one of my previous cars. )

I have a good spot in my driveway where I could add gravel and have a decent place to put whichever we leave outside.

Value-wise, the 911 is the least pricey of the bunch, but the Cayenne and Panamera are leases, whereas the 911 is ours. (I have babied it so much, it hurts my heart to think about kicking it out into the cold, cruel world.)

I already agreed to though, so I guess I'd better be getting a cover for it.

I am pretty sure we'd have the ceiling room for a lift, so I am going to look into that also.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:09 PM
jaguiler will become famous soon enoughjaguiler will become famous soon enough
Panamera is a lease - put it outside.
991 being yours makes more sense to care for it - as I assume you will keep it for the long haul.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:13 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl
That was my first thought too, but I have been getting my way a lot here lately (ordered new Panamera Sat.), so I thought I'd play nice.
Pics of new Pany when it arrives!

Old 09-03-2015, 06:34 PM
retinasurgeon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl
Sooo, my Panamera and 911 have been happily co-existing in our 2-car garage.

I get a text today from my husband - from the Porsche dealership.

He has joined the Porsche family for the first time and has traded his Lexus SUV for a new Cayenne, so my poor 911 (the oldest of the bunch) is going to have to make way for his new vehicle.

I haven't been in the market for a cover in years, and don't know what brand I should be looking at for an outdoor cover for the 911.

It gets very hot here (NC), and we live on the edge of a woods with a lot of leaf and tree debris. (Does not snow or freeze up much.)

Could I get some suggestions?

Thanks!
California car cover makes great car covers. I use the NOAH car cover, custom made and fitted for your car.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Oh yea, no brainer for me then. Leased cars are first to get the boot at my house. I am closing in on a nice e46 M3 and when i do our 2015 e350 which is a lease is going to the drive way!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kicking out the 911 - best cover?