997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My first Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 09:09 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Beauty, well done and welcome

Old 10-27-2015, 10:50 AM
SWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura about

As requested by no1joey.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:53 AM
SWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura about

And now with the clear side markers. Small change with a subtle but "clear" visual impact.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:57 PM
Bob1963 will become famous soon enoughBob1963 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SWO Daddy

And now with the clear side markers. Small change with a subtle but "clear" visual impact.
I like the look with the clear side markers.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:45 AM
3POINT8 is on a distinguished road
very nice. are those yellow calipers? killer

Old 10-29-2015, 08:50 PM
jeffkilly is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your service overseas protecting our freedom and congratulations - she is a beauty!

Old 11-03-2015, 06:23 PM
Thanks all!

Old 11-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Berosucci will become famous soon enoughBerosucci will become famous soon enough
Beauty. You've earned it, enjoy.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:40 AM
She's come a long way since initial purchase

Old 04-08-2019, 11:25 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Congratulations and thanks for your service. The -05 launch car was a great one. Full leather as I recall it and ceramic brakes. A lot of cheering on here about getting started on the mods and I don't disagree. Turn it into what you want it to be with quality mods. But, and a big but....hang on to the stock parts. I put my modded GTS for sale on the Rennlist marketplace and spent more time answering questions on whether or not I had the stock wheels and the stock seats than on any other issue. So there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between all the mod threads and what people really want when they buy. Best guess is that mods are highly subjective and what looks great to someone doesn't work for someone else. Just in case you want to sell or trade sometime in the future.

Last edited by sandwedge; 04-08-2019 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:23 AM
Originally Posted by sandwedge
Congratulations and thanks for your service. The -05 launch car was a great one. Full leather as I recall it and ceramic brakes. A lot of cheering on here about getting started on the mods and I don't disagree. Turn it into what you want it to be with quality mods. But, and a big but....hang on to the stock parts. I put my modded GTS for sale on the Rennlist marketplace and spent more time answering questions on whether or not I had the stock wheels and the stock seats than on any other issue. So there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between all the mod threads and what people really want when they buy. Best guess is that mods are highly subjective and what looks great to someone doesn't work for someone else. Just in case you want to sell or trade sometime in the future.
Appreciate your thanks and yes, the launch car had every 997 option at the time including the full leather, PCCBs, adaptive sport seats, sport chrono, etc... And I've tried to keep the mods OEM (aero kit), easily reversible (wheels, springs) or not visible (bluetooth). I would guess since my mods are not extreme that they would be generally acceptable to a wide audience of Porsche enthusiasts though there are some purists that may object. Regardless, she is what I made her into and I think she's AWESOME!

Old 04-10-2019, 10:19 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SWO Daddy
Appreciate your thanks and yes, the launch car had every 997 option at the time including the full leather, PCCBs, adaptive sport seats, sport chrono, etc... And I've tried to keep the mods OEM (aero kit), easily reversible (wheels, springs) or not visible (bluetooth). I would guess since my mods are not extreme that they would be generally acceptable to a wide audience of Porsche enthusiasts though there are some purists that may object. Regardless, she is what I made her into and I think she's AWESOME!
Sounds like you're in good shape. I'm puzzled by how many potential buyers of my car have insisted on OEM wheels so definitely hang on to those if you decide to go with after market wheels in case you decide to sell or trade in the future. I say I'm, puzzled since it's not like I have purple $300 wheels made in China and I think there are three current threads on Rennlist discussing after market wheels, one of them that's been going on for a long time. Go figure.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:37 AM
kramer413 is on a distinguished road
Nice car! thank you for your service!

Old 04-12-2019, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by kramer413
Nice car! thank you for your service!
Thx and thx!

Old 04-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by sandwedge
Sounds like you're in good shape. I'm puzzled by how many potential buyers of my car have insisted on OEM wheels so definitely hang on to those if you decide to go with after market wheels in case you decide to sell or trade in the future. I say I'm, puzzled since it's not like I have purple $300 wheels made in China and I think there are three current threads on Rennlist discussing after market wheels, one of them that's been going on for a long time. Go figure.
Good advice but if you're looking for a near flawless set of 19' lobsters, let me know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My first Porsche