997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My first Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 08:25 PM
SWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura about
My first Porsche

Greetings all. Have been a member here for awhile and mainly driven BMW. After coming back from a deployment in Afghanistan a few years ago, I realized life is too short and that if the opportunity presented itself, I would get a Porsche. Well, the opportunity arrived and I wanted to share my happiness in purchasing my first Porsche.

After a search lasting a few months where I of course did my research, I had PPIs performed on several 911s. Two weeks ago I finally found a car that checked out well, had the options I was looking for and for a price I was willing to pay.

Say hello to a 2005 black on black carrera S launch edition. She has 65k miles on her, had recent maintenance performed (including new clutch, fly wheel, water pump) and had the LN Engineering IMS bearing installed. Exterior looks great but the interior could use some TLC. No problem of course as like many of you, I like to work on my cars and tastefully MOD over time. I look at her like a beautiful canvas to work on.

A few pics.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:41 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome....Congrats on the purchase. Excellent looking car. Let the mods begin!!! Looks like there are plenty of things to get started on!!

Also....thanks for your service!!!

Old 10-25-2015, 10:53 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Very nice! Congrats and welcome.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:50 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
nice, enjoy the new ride

Old 10-26-2015, 12:23 AM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
Remove the centre consol and repaint, send the handbrake handle and console lid off to be re leathered. And get your steering wheel re leathered too. Makes a huge improvement on the interior.

Nice ride. Are those yellow brake calipers I see? does it have ceramic brakes? can you take some close ups of them? cheers!

Old 10-26-2015, 12:25 AM
mpath will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by no1joey
Nice ride. Are those yellow brake calipers I see? does it have ceramic brakes? can you take some close ups of them? cheers!
Yup, launch edition.

OP, congrats!

Old 10-26-2015, 02:28 AM
Bob1963 will become famous soon enoughBob1963 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Thank you for your service and congratulations on your first Porsche. Enjoy driving and upgrading your new car.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:09 AM
snappymilli is on a distinguished road
Let the mods begin!!! Looks like there are plenty of things to get started on!

Old 10-26-2015, 04:54 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Your first is always special (I am too old to remember mine anymore), I always start with the things that my hands touch. Short shift kit, new shift lever, and custom made steering wheel. Dallas Custom can help with the steering wheel, they have done many for me. Good luck, glad you made home safely.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:57 PM
stevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of lightstevepow is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats - love the classic look of the lobster fork wheels!

Old 10-26-2015, 02:34 PM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
Enjoy the new addition and welcome to the forum!

Cheers,

Old 10-26-2015, 02:59 PM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
Beauty! I think I hear Ortega Highway and Palomar Mountain calling you, as well as some other wonderfully curvy drives I enjoyed back in my days there. And as said earlier, thank you for your service!

And it appears that I get to be the first to say something that is often said for a new owner, a simple and affordable but visually appealing first mod is to switch out the front running lights to a clear Euro style one.

Edit: Here is a link to the ones from Suncoast if you decide you are interested: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/clearsides.html

Last edited by StormRune; 10-26-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:42 PM
SWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura aboutSWO Daddy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by no1joey
Remove the centre consol and repaint, send the handbrake handle and console lid off to be re leathered. And get your steering wheel re leathered too. Makes a huge improvement on the interior.

Yes, ceramic brakes as on all the launch editions. I'll see if I can take some pics later.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by StormRune
Beauty! I think I hear Ortega Highway and Palomar Mountain calling you, as well as some other wonderfully curvy drives I enjoyed back in my days there. And as said earlier, thank you for your service!

And it appears that I get to be the first to say something that is often said for a new owner, a simple and affordable but visually appealing first mod is to switch out the front running lights to a clear Euro style one.

Edit: Here is a link to the ones from Suncoast if you decide you are interested: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/clearsides.html
I've already switched out the side markers to clears. Same thing I did on all my BMWs as well. Huge difference I know.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:50 PM
Appreciate all the well wishes and welcome. Hope to be a contributing member of the forum. So much fantastic experience and information to be shared.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My first Porsche