997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Do you like or dislike rear wiper, and why?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 07:58 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Do you like or dislike rear wiper, and why?

The rear wiper doesn't seem to be a very popular option on 997s...

Why do you like or dislike this feature?

If you have it, do you want to keep it, or remove it?

If you don't have it, do you like it that way, or do you wish you had it?

Last edited by PSPorsche; 01-12-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 08:32 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PSPorsche
The rear wiper doesn't seem to be a very popular option on 997s...

Why do you like or dislike this feature?

If you have it, do you want to keep it, or remove it?

If you don't have it, do you like it that way, or do you wish you had it?
Had it on my -06 C4S and removed it. Found it useless and didn't like the look of it either.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:02 PM
halo777 is on a distinguished road
do not want, do not like

Old 01-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Integral will become famous soon enough
ruins the lines of the rear end, however, it's easy for me to say i don't need/want/like it. socal is good for not needing them.

personally, i'd not drive the car if i were to need it...but if it's a DD i'd keep it (if i lived somewhere with weather).

Old 01-13-2016, 02:53 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
@sandwedge, what did you use to plug the hole once removed?

Old 01-13-2016, 05:49 AM
HolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura aboutHolmaN has a spectacular aura about
It just doesn't fit, hurts my eyes to see a 997 with it mounted.
People actually pay extra for it and it's a great function, but it doesn't look good I'm affraid.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:15 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HolmaN
It just doesn't fit, hurts my eyes to see a 997 with it mounted.
People actually pay extra for it and it's a great function, but it doesn't look good I'm affraid.
I thought on the 997.1 (maybe others too) that it was a no cost option.

Old 01-13-2016, 10:23 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Don t have it. Didn t even know it was available, LOL.... another reason I don t drive it in the rain, LOL.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:00 PM
Berosucci will become famous soon enoughBerosucci will become famous soon enough
I have the rear window wiper. When I bought the car last May, I initially was thinking I did not like it, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I have used it in the rain and kind of like the clear patch of glass when driving for some reason. I think it will probably be handy if there is some snow to keep to rear view somewhat open as well; although we generally don't get too much around here (knocking on wood). Anyway, I certainly don't mind it and frankly the comments about ruining the lines of the car seem a bit overstated. Maybe I am not enough of a 997 purist, but then again I have never been told that the rear wiper is an eye sore - until i read this thread .

I am keeping it.

Would I order one on a new car? No.

Would require one in my next 911? No.

Off topic - I also have the electronic logbook. Seems to be a much less useful option than the rear wiper. Also, the fire extinguisher I have has some utility (although I hope never to use it for anything related to my car) - and for some reason I do like it.

Old 01-13-2016, 12:51 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by White Rock
Didn't go that far. Just removed the arm/blade.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:17 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by White Rock
Plug to cover the hole.

http://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php...&path=1_13_128

Old 01-13-2016, 01:19 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PTParks

Unfortunately, the 997 hole is not the same size as the 996.

Old 01-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Don't have it and don't care for it. It's a sports car not a SUV.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:58 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ynot
Don't have it and don't care for it. It's a sports car not a SUV.
agree

Originally Posted by PTParks
the pricing is insane for a little cap. just stop by your local lowes, home depot, etc & get one for a minute fraction.
just my .2c

Old 01-13-2016, 05:30 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
When I ordered the car I opted against it for asthetic reasons, but in the light rain and snow, backing out of a parking space blind.. no fun, especially in the dark.

So I've fixed that with a backup camera interrogated into the PCM.

For just going forward, its no problem, as airflow clears the rear window well enough at speed. But if i had it to do over again, for a working car as mine is, I'd opt to get the wiper option.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you like or dislike rear wiper, and why?