997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Brake caliper refinishing ideas & lots of photos!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Brake caliper refinishing ideas & lots of photos!!!

Wanted to share some ideas from past customer jobs...

See more at http://wheeldynamics.com/brake_calipers.html

Old 04-07-2016, 10:20 AM
khyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond reputekhyzersoze has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have pictures of work done when the caliper doesn't come off the car for comparison?

Old 04-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Nice work.

One question that I have is: Is the Porsche script on the caliper painted with a stencil, or is it a decal?

Old 04-07-2016, 10:52 AM
pderover is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dennis C
Nice work.

One question that I have is: Is the Porsche script on the caliper painted with a stencil, or is it a decal?
Decal, you can buy it online for like $20 for all 4.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pderover
Decal, you can buy it online for like $20 for all 4.
I've seen the decals online. I've also seen stencils online. My preference, if I were to have my calipers repainted, would be to have the Porsche script painted also and then have clear coat applied over the top. I believe this is the way it is done at the factory.

I've heard multiple reports of decals warping, peeling off, etc.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:21 AM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Question I have is- after getting the calipers painted, when time comes for brake pad changes: for cars with calipers where the 'bolts' should be replaced (non S 997.2)-- does one just use touch up paint on the new bolts or is there a remedy for this step after installing the new bolts, to ensure they are color matched ?

Old 04-10-2016, 10:36 AM
gota911 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vg247
Question I have is- after getting the calipers painted, when time comes for brake pad changes: for cars with calipers where the 'bolts' should be replaced (non S 997.2)-- does one just use touch up paint on the new bolts or is there a remedy for this step after installing the new bolts, to ensure they are color matched ?
The caliper bolts are on the "inside" half of the caliper and can not be seen without removing the wheel, so painting the new bolt heads is not necessary.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:06 PM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by gota911
The caliper bolts are on the "inside" half of the caliper and can not be seen without removing the wheel, so painting the new bolt heads is not necessary.
Great info, thank you.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:34 AM
Images aren't loading....

Old 04-11-2016, 05:03 PM
flee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of light
Are these painted or powder coated?

Old 04-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by khyzersoze
Do you have pictures of work done when the caliper doesn't come off the car for comparison?
Sorry we don't, we only operate "off the vehicle"....

Old 04-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Dennis C
Nice work.

We offer both the standard graphic and clear-print graphics, the top clear coating is applied over the graphics.

Originally Posted by vg247
We don't paint over the mounting hardware, those are kept with the vehicle and never into refinishing.

Originally Posted by flee630
Are these painted or powder coated?
Hard-bake finished, NO PC PRODUCTS ARE USE ON CALIPER REFINISHING.

IF ANYONE IS HAVING TROUBLE VIEWING THE PHOTOS: CLICK HERE

Old 04-11-2016, 07:37 PM
ramman5600 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
We offer both the standard graphic and clear-print graphics, the top clear coating is applied over the graphics.

We don't paint over the mounting hardware, those are kept with the vehicle and never into refinishing.

Hard-bake finished, NO PC PRODUCTS ARE USE ON CALIPER REFINISHING.

IF ANYONE IS HAVING TROUBLE VIEWING THE PHOTOS: CLICK HERE
I thought baked usually meant powder coat?

Old 04-11-2016, 09:14 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ramman5600
I thought baked usually meant powder coat?
No sir, by hard-baking we are able to keep full control over the temperatures USED, by PC temps are REQUIRED.

Our temps are safe for all applications for even FORGED wheels.....

Old 04-11-2016, 09:20 PM
flee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of lightflee630 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
No sir, by hard-baking we are able to keep full control over the temperatures USED, by PC temps are REQUIRED.

Our temps are safe for all applications for even FORGED wheels.....
Nice!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brake caliper refinishing ideas & lots of photos!!!