New LED tail light version II coming soon - Page 3 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Porsche (Present) > 997
Reload this Page >

New LED tail light version II coming soon

997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.
Sponsored by:

New LED tail light version II coming soon

Old 05-15-2018, 08:09 PM
Lmaternick is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the originals look better than any of the aftermarket. Easy switch out so you can go back if you change but something bugs me about these LED lights. Maybe its because they are cheap and every cheap car has them now. Same goes for sftermarket headlights. bizenon, hid, and incandescent lights will be the thing of fine cars in the future. Only hyundais etc will use the cheap glare producing LED's. Can you tell that all these jerks in hondas and other crap always want to race just because they are next to a 911?...lol

Old 05-16-2018, 11:17 AM
oscswa is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MkC2S View Post
I got tired of waiting for the other light bar set to come out so I bought this instead. I take back what I said about it. After seeing it in person & installed on the car, I kinda like it. The single strip pattern was plenty bright even in the daytime.
MkC2S, not sure how I missed this but they look way better in your pictures than on eBay. I have had my Depos on for many years and zero issues (I love them) but the ones you got look real good. I might need to catch up with you some time to check them out in person (live in north Frisco). Good to know you have had them on for a while now since this post maybe you can give some feedback on the quality.

Here are my Depo's they are real nice but my only complaint is when you brake it only lights up half the led's or this pattern ] [ and not the whole thing. I like the version you got as the whole thing lights up. Is the brake light a strip of LEDs? or the does the whole light bar get brighter?

Last edited by oscswa; 05-16-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:26 AM
oscswa is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lmaternick View Post
I think the originals look better than any of the aftermarket. Easy switch out so you can go back if you change but something bugs me about these LED lights. Maybe its because they are cheap and every cheap car has them now. Same goes for sftermarket headlights. bizenon, hid, and incandescent lights will be the thing of fine cars in the future. Only hyundais etc will use the cheap glare producing LED's. Can you tell that all these jerks in hondas and other crap always want to race just because they are next to a 911?...lol
I can see you're point but my Depos were not cheap and the build quality is extremely good, so to me they don't look cheap. I had the same concerns when buying my depos but once they arrived and I had a chance to look at them in person they didn't look cheap. They look very factory, can't say the same for other aftermarket lights as I haven't seen any others in person.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:00 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
I have them for about a year now & it's still held up very well. So far no burn out on any LED's. Overall, I'm satisfy with them. I thought about the smoked version but wasn't sure how dark it is. I can always tint the clear part.

park light (photo looks orange but it's red in person)

foglight & parklights (Foglight are LED's not incandescent bulb like other set)

brake lights (single strip & plenty bright IMO)

blinkers

reverse brightness in dark

Old 05-16-2018, 06:40 PM
Lmaternick is an unknown quantity at this point
All I can say is....keep your originals. Mark my words....when clean 997's become the collectables I feel they will...the originals will be what is important. The 997.1 is the last 911 to have incandescent tails and it is a signpost that will be important down the road. same goes for all the led's that are being modded into headlights and interiors. There is a reason why Porsche design is respected. Why not put Led headlights in a 356? Blasphemy IMO.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:13 PM
lowbee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MkC2S View Post
I have them for about a year now & it's still held up very well........

brake lights (single strip & plenty bright IMO)

Thanks for posting these pictures, I always worry that the brake lights aren't bright enough in daylight but now that I see it, they are good enough.... might have to order a pair for my self....
Any error codes ?
-

Last edited by lowbee; 05-16-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:13 PM
MkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud ofMkC2S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Lmaternick View Post
All I can say is....keep your originals.
I'm way ahead of you. Kept all my stock parts this time. Learned my lesson when I traded my 996 with all the goodies & they offered me less with aftermarket parts.

Originally Posted by lowbee View Post
Any error codes ?
nope. built-in resistors & one plug & play