997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Advice Please: Replacement Speakers for 997.2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Astur will become famous soon enough
Advice Please: Replacement Speakers for 997.2

The right woofer on my 2009 997.2 C2 with Bose System is shot and sounds like the cone has separated from the outer housing. So I'm looking to at least replace both of them.

Here's the caveat... I'm NOT an audiophile by any means and I consider a car to be one of the worse audio environments that there is. Hence, in the car I keep the volume low and mostly listen to news broadcasts and classical music stations. Truthfully I rather hear the sound of our purring engines... now that's music!!

Anyway, I need advice on speaker brands and models that are remove/replace for the Bose System, will just basically make the offending noise to go away and are relatively inexpensive. I don't want or need ghetto bass nor pristine "purist" sound reproduction.

Your recommendations and insight will be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:09 PM
Lyn
Lyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud ofLyn has much to be proud of
Search: My budget audio install updated 3/22/15 . That should give you some guidance.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:33 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
Since you're not looking to do a total stereo upgrade, I would replace the offending speaker with another oem Bose speaker. You can find them for a good price in the classifieds or eBay.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.