997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Anyway to fix these disasters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 07:39 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Doug H
Does anyone know a decent wheel refinisher so I can at least get the horrible grey, green whatever color looking powder coat finish on these. Looking for someone in the Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, Kentucky or Alabama area to avoid paying more for shipping charges and to refinish then the wheels are worth.
Butler Tire in Marietta, GA is the company I took my Champion RS171s to for the full polish and clear powdercoat. They don't do them on-site but have a company they use and guarantee their work. Ask for Wayne or Gary.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:34 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Does anyone know a decent wheel refinisher so I can at least get the horrible grey, green whatever color looking powder coat finish on these. Looking for someone in the Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, Kentucky or Alabama area to avoid paying more for shipping charges and to refinish then the wheels are worth.
I've had good luck using these guys. Caveat - they are franchisees so you may get someone really good or not so good. So check out any reviews. Also check with your local Porsche or BMW dealer and see who they use.
http://www.awrswheelrepair.com

Old 09-14-2017, 07:00 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Thanks guys. There is an AWR Wheel Repair guy listed locally. I sent him and email with some pictures and see what he has to offer. I will call Butler tire as well.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
been to busy to deal with laterly, but I went by a local wheel refinisher repair shop today.

He said the wheels I received from Vivid Racing were not liquid silver. They are gun metal like I thought and he had a wall full of color swatches. I can get these refinished for $165 plus tax per wheel. Lol, not sure it is worth it.

So . . . I tried to call Vivid and good luck getting customer service person on the phone. You can get someone in sales . . ., but try getting anyone else on the phone or finding an email address for that.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:10 AM
And I sent more emails to that guy Austin from Vivid who posts up on here and actually contacted me through here, but not holding my breathe from a response from him as he already got my money . . .

Old 10-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
been to busy to deal with laterly, but I went by a local wheel refinisher repair shop today.

He said the wheels I received from Vivid Racing were not liquid silver. They are gun metal like I thought and he had a wall full of color swatches. I can get these refinished for $165 plus tax per wheel. Lol, not sure it is worth it.

So . . . I tried to call Vivid and good luck getting customer service person on the phone. You can get someone in sales . . ., but try getting anyone else on the phone or finding an email address for that.
If they're a vendor or sponsor on 6speed, you can engage the admins here for them to step in and lend assistance - try GT3Chuck. He was helping another member who had an issue with GT3Tek on a bumper he ordered.

Also, if the email for sales is something like sales@vividracing.com you can try sending an email to an address like customerservice@vividracing.com or returns@vividracing.com or info@vividracing.com or other things that make sense using that same domain as the sales email. You'll know when youve hit a real one as you won't get an undeliverable message back to your email. Having the email trail may help you with the charge back through your credit card company or PayPal.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Petza914
If they're a vendor or sponsor on 6speed, you can engage the admins here for them to step in and lend assistance - try GT3Chuck. He was helping another member who had an issue with GT3Tek on a bumper he ordered.

Also, if the email for sales is something like sales@vividracing.com you can try sending an email to an address like customerservice@vividracing.com or returns@vividracing.com or info@vividracing.com or other things that make sense using that same domain as the sales email. You'll know when youve hit a real one as you won't get an undeliverable message back to your email. Having the email trail may help you with the charge back through your credit card company or PayPal.

Thanks man. Finally got through to someone, I believe an owner. I think they are a vendor and I was contacted through this site by PM when I posted questions to an ad by someone else in the classified. Might reach out to Chuck later today, just been too busy lately to deal with . . .

Old 10-21-2017, 10:25 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
Of coarse Vivid doesn't want them back. Too Bad. Call you CC company and tell them the situation. Vivid may have to refund the money if your CC company stands behind you. You were sold something that isn;t what you want. Sometimes there's no way to know that until they are put into use.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
Of coarse Vivid doesn't want them back. Too Bad. Call you CC company and tell them the situation. Vivid may have to refund the money if your CC company stands behind you. You were sold something that isn;t what you want. Sometimes there's no way to know that until they are put into use.
Been so dang busy with the job I have not had time to deal with this issue.

I simply asked Vivid Racing to pay $165 each to have these things refinished in a basic silver finish so they are not some putrid puke green greyish looking color. I ordered liquid silver. They were not even willing to do this.

. . . I would hope I could navigate this one without involving the credit card company. I am class action defense lawyer currently wrapping up discovery in a fairly large class, 16,800 Rule 23 and 4,159 opt-ins, by November 15. After that, I look forward to bringing Vivid Racing over to my home turf and having some fun in general sessions with a matter involving, for once, something south of 8 or 9 figures. Been over 20 years since I have had to navigate a small claim in general sessions court.

RE: Mounting

I certainly could not tell how ridiculous the offsets were until they were mounted and unfortunately did not unpack and examine each wheel before they were mounted to see the flaws in the finish I, however, literally drove less than 2 miles, maybe even less than 1 mile, on them when I tried to return them.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Been so dang busy with the job I have not had time to deal with this issue.

I simply asked Vivid Racing to pay $165 each to have these things refinished in a basic silver finish so they are not some putrid puke green greyish looking color. I ordered liquid silver. They were not even willing to do this.

. . . I would hope I could navigate this one without involving the credit card company. I am class action defense lawyer currently wrapping up discovery in a fairly large class, 16,800 Rule 23 and 4,159 opt-ins, by November 15. After that, I look forward to bringing Vivid Racing over to my home turf and having some fun in general sessions with a matter involving, for once, something south of 8 or 9 figures. Been over 20 years since I have had to navigate a small claim in general sessions court.

RE: Mounting

I certainly could not tell how ridiculous the offsets were until they were mounted and unfortunately did not unpack and examine each wheel before they were mounted to see the flaws in the finish I, however, literally drove less than 2 miles, maybe even less than 1 mile, on them when I tried to return them.
We are still happy to resolve this, we reached out over a month ago. Just shot you another email as well.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing
We are still happy to resolve this, we reached out over a month ago. Just shot you another email as well.

. . . and I asked you to respond to me and my request to have the wheels refinished in writing and confirm an agreement to resolve the situation in writing when you started playing what I perceived as games.

I just saw your email pop up and figured something like this would be here as well. Call me clairvoyant. I am currently sitting in a room full other ******* attorneys in a depo and cannot talk now, but this isn't exactly rocket science. It is a pretty simple yes or no question . . . Will you pay the $165 per wheel to refinish these wheels.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:33 PM
. . . and you Austin never reached out to me, nor was the email from you. Kind of shady to make it seem that way unless you are emailing me from Rob's account.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
. . . and I asked you to respond to me and my request to have the wheels refinished in writing and confirm an agreement to resolve the situation in writing when you started playing what I perceived as games.

I just saw your email pop up and figured something like this would be here as well. Call me clairvoyant. I am currently sitting in a room full other ******* attorneys in a depo and cannot talk now, but this isn't exactly rocket science. It is a pretty simple yes or no question . . . Will you pay the $165 per wheel to refinish these wheels.
Please respond back to Rob, who has reached out to you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.