997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

About to buy a 2011 911 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 07:48 AM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
About to buy a 2011 911 S

I have only owned one Porsche prior and that was my 996 twin which I sold when a new woman came in the pic-mistake. Anyway now about to buy a 2011 911 S and wanted to confirm a few things;

first all automatics are now the PDK tranny in this model year correct?

the S model produces 385 hp if I am correct?

anything to look out for or really need as an option in this model?

I called the dealer and the service said they are rock solid cars. This one has 50k but apparently now they won't say anything about service history due to privacy laws. I always in the past ran the VINS to see what was performed.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:39 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steve.rinaldi
I called the dealer and the service said they are rock solid cars. This one has 50k but apparently now they won't say anything about service history due to privacy laws. I always in the past ran the VINS to see what was performed.
No reason dealer can't share service history with you as long as they don't disclose prior owner's name - that's the privacy issue. Oh, and unless they were the servicing dealer, they probably don't have the info - unfortunately Porsche doesn't have national database for service work.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:43 AM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
The car was serviced at the dealer I called and she was my service advisor on my 996 twin but wouldn't give me anything other than said it was serviced there.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:07 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steve.rinaldi
The car was serviced at the dealer I called and she was my service advisor on my 996 twin but wouldn't give me anything other than said it was serviced there.
Ask her to redact the previous owner's information on the service records and provide you copies of that...doesn't sound like a very accommodating dealer.. Good luck.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:38 PM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
Yes, PDK not Tiptronic.
Yes, 385 hp

Must have Sport Chrono with PDK!

Last edited by LTCJMRamos; 07-22-2017 at 06:40 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.