997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Sharkwerks worth it on a 997.2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 06:51 PM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
Sharkwerks worth it on a 997.2?

Debating on MY first mod. I want performance but also want to get a little better sound out of the car. Will the Sharkwerks add the noise the car deserves? My 996TT I put on a Kline but not sure the 997.2 needs an entire exhaust. Input? I did search and saw people said it was minimal noise but so hard to determine that without a sound clip.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Sleek996 is on a distinguished road
The sharkwerks center bypass or any other brand for that matter will have minimal sound improvement without having the side mufflers modified. If you want great sound without the drone, you will want to mate the sharkwerks center with a Gundo or Fister hack.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:32 PM
Redhot2474 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gundo

I did Fabspeed intake first to get better sound then year later I did gundo with 2" pipes, abd finally Billy boat center (525 on jegs) - the combination of all 3 sound very good

Old 09-09-2017, 07:31 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
My 997.2 4S has PSE and I did the Sharkworks center muffler delete pipe. The sound is perfect. With the PSE in "quiet" mode it is just a bit louder than stock. With the PSE in "loud" mode it is louder but not "look at me" loud. My wife likes it - it is her DD.

Old 09-10-2017, 03:16 PM
Astur will become famous soon enough
Sharkwerks is OK but way over priced if you ask me.

You can go with the Billy Boat pipes for about $300 less and use that money to do a 2" GUNDO hack at the same time while you have the center muffler out.

I did that to my 2009 C2 all I can say is sweeeet! Not really loud but comes alive after 3,500 RPM.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Flatty is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Astur
Sharkwerks is OK but way over priced if you ask me.

You can go with the Billy Boat pipes for about $300 less and use that money to do a 2" GUNDO hack at the same time while you have the center muffler out.

I did that to my 2009 C2 all I can say is sweeeet! Not really loud but comes alive after 3,500 RPM.

Totally agree on this one.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:46 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
You could also do cold air intake + sharkwerks for sound and a little bit of HP.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:10 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Bought my Sharkworks used off this site. Saved money and I like the build quality.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:07 PM
khiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond reputekhiroshima has a reputation beyond repute
I happen to really like mine, but I can see how it could leave someone wanting more . . . I think you can only get so much from what it is, which is just removing the cans and replace it with some really, really expensive SS pipes. That said, I don't want to wake the dead and I will often leave the house before 6am, I just don't need a bunch of noise.

The short answer is that I would buy it again, I'm a happy customer-- KH

Edit:
Darn, I was in the wrong forum! I just noticed that the OP's previous car was a 996T (as was mine), I thought he was referring to the 997.2T as well (Duh, sorry). May I change my answer? I don't have direct experience with Sharkwerks' 997.2 exhaust for an S (I have their exhaust for 997.2T), for the money, I would do the Fister hack in a HEARTBEAT. I did it on my 2002 C2 and loved it. Well spent dollars, was the perfect mod for me and was quite economical-- Sorry for the first message, KH

Last edited by khiroshima; 09-18-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:38 PM
Docwise is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Sharkwerks exhaust

I replaced my exhaust with the sharkwerks bypass and I think it sounds great.
Its not much louder in normal mode but with the sport mode on it sounds really nice but not obnoxious

Old 10-02-2017, 10:59 PM
Brian Cheung is an unknown quantity at this point
I had my 997.2 C4S for a few months now and Sharkwerks was the first place I looked. Since I had the PSE already I went straight for their ECU tune.
Their service is unbelievable - fast , responsive and experience - this guy was Alex.

Anyway, after you have done the exhaust mod, try their ECU tune which makes the car much more drivable, better low end torque and smoother power delivery.
I liked it anyway.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:35 AM
Docwise is on a distinguished road
Sharkwerks

Ive been thinking about doing that next. I also got a carbon fiber air intake from Fabspeed. They also make an ECU tune. I happen to live 30 minutes from their shop. I was thinking about going with them just because they are local to me. Anybody have any experience with their tune?

Old 10-05-2017, 10:37 PM
Brian Cheung is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Docwise
Ive been thinking about doing that next. I also got a carbon fiber air intake from Fabspeed. They also make an ECU tune. I happen to live 30 minutes from their shop. I was thinking about going with them just because they are local to me. Anybody have any experience with their tune?
The handheld "MYGENIUS"looks the same as Sharkwerks one. I suppose they are very similar. Try it and report back :-) The guys at Fabspeed were also very fast in their returns to emails - I like that :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.