997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 Supercharger by VF Engineering

Old 05-20-2018, 06:45 AM
Petza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond reputePetza914 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
VF-E makes a great kit- I had one of their very first.

I found that their kit did not produce the 6.0 psi boost advertised, and I thoroughly tested it at the throttle body, so I used a smaller pulley, which required one other small adjustment that I won't share here to further "trick" the ECU.

The power and performance were addictive.

However, and I am not directly implicating the SC, but my engine exploded while running their SC. Here are a couple of photos of the shrapnel. There were a pair of fist-sized holes punched through the block.

Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

That said, if VF-E were to contact me and offer me a deal on their update kit I would gladly do it again, and would in fact produce a professional quality video of the installation process.
CATTMAN
From their response below, this was likely your problem.

"2. The system was designed to be a direct bolt on upgrade, on
the stock bottom end. It runs a relatively low boost pressure
so there is no need to lower the compression ratio. At roughly
5.5 - 6 psi the dynamic compression is such that it offers a
generous bump in power, without compromising reliability."

You can't just slap a superchager on a high compression NA motor and expect it will all be OK.

OP, if you need more power, sell off your .2 and buy a TT. When all is said and done you'll spend 10-15k more but have s fully sorted a resaleable car.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:14 AM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
6psi is low boost. But it's boost the engine was not designed to handle. I'd consider risking it again though.
CATTMAN

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.