997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 GTS configurations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 04:05 PM
R.ROBOT is on a distinguished road
997.2 GTS configurations

I am curious if there are any White/Blk, alcan, RWD, coupe, Aero kit, m/t cars on the site.

Didn't know how many were made and wondered if there are many here.

Thanks.

Old 06-24-2018, 10:17 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by R.ROBOT
I am curious if there are any White/Blk, alcan, RWD, coupe, Aero kit, m/t cars on the site.

Thanks.

nwGTS on Rennlist has a black RWD GTS coupe with aerokit that he added. I think there were only about 2,600 RWD GTS's made to begin with and safe to say, only a fraction of those were delivered with aero kit. So a rare bird and he made a whole thread about the transformation of the car: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...2-gts-6mt.html

Old 06-25-2018, 09:55 PM
Seems that 70% - 80% of the 997 cars that could come with PDK were ordered that way.

I would imagine that more manual cars were ordered in GTS cars but still a high majority went for the PDK.

Too bad it's hard to get #'s and break down for GTS cars. (997.2)

Old 06-26-2018, 10:07 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Seems that 70% - 80% of the 997 cars that could come with PDK were ordered that way.

I would imagine that more manual cars were ordered in GTS cars but still a high majority went for the PDK.

Too bad it's hard to get #'s and break down for GTS cars. (997.2
)

You're looking at at a trend that reaches beyond Porsche territory. No matter what you're willing to pay you can't buy a manual Ferrari or Lambo anymore. Period. They stopped making them due to lack of demand.

Just curious, why does the breakdown of GTS cars matter? Just scour the market and see what's for sale. It is what it is. If I had to guess, the 70% to 80% PDK share you mentioned is probably as close on the GTS as for other 997.2's. GTS's with aero kit? Has to be less than 10%. Maybe less than 5%. You rarely see them.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:52 PM
thxbuff2001 is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
Not very many for sure. You have one?

Old 08-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Yes a White/Alcan/Blk int. These are remarkable cars as are all Porsche's.

Just a great balance, body, power and design. Just interested in understanding how many of these beauties were made.

Hard to find for sale. I'll be going to the Monterey Week and check out others and see what turns up.

Thx, Bob.