997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How much will you pay?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 04:06 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
How much will you pay?????

I would probably step up if they really offer a widebody 2wd based on the great resale earlier widebody 2wd have shown, but that being said, its pretty hard to justify MSRP when 04's are so deeply discounted and the debugging issue of the first run of a new model. I guess it depends on the inventory level of 04's when the 997's start to hit the ground.

What do you guys think and what kind of incentive would you need to get you out of a good ride into the new 997?

Old 02-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
The first few months will probably see most go at MSRP (dealers keep saying 'it's a new model' when it's not - it's a refresh). "We don't discount new models." All I can say is B.S.

Give it a few months. That way the fever calms down, the dealers realize they have inventory, and some deals can then be had. I would doubt you'll see 5% off, but I would expect 1-2K off MSRP shortly after intro - IF you are a customer of that dealer and have a good relationship.

That said, I don't know if there is a number that would do it for me. I remember quite well the pain I suffered during the first few months of owning my '99 996 Cab and all the little problems (electrical mostly). I don't think I'm a candidate for the 997 intro vehicle. Give it a year. Then we'll see what they roll out (C2S, C4S, Cabs, Turbos, GTs, etc). And we may know more about the 998 as well. I don't think the 997 will be long running.

Incentive? Hell, if a dealer offered me the car at invoice, I'd probably consider that serious enough.

Old 02-25-2004, 10:24 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
I'm not waiting in line to pay msrp again, those days are loooooong gone. I too want a 997 but I'll wait till the hype goes down and find a good deal. The way I have it figured, I have 23K miles on my C2 and don't owe a dime, so the ball is in my court.

Old 02-25-2004, 01:53 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
My goal is to put myself in a position to purchase a new Turbo in four years. It has been an ongoing goal for many years now that at some point I would buy a new Turbo. With that in mind, it would probably make more sense to buy a discounted 996 than pay all the money or take a small discount on a 997. My guess is that I may be in better shape after 3-4 years with the 996 assuming I can buy one for 12K plus less than a 997. Other than the facelift, a few mods from fabspeed and I can find the other 20hp.

Then again I may see the finished 997 and say to hell with it.