997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Has anyone installed clear sidemarkers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:15 AM
TAnthony is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Illinicane
I never thought I would entertain making any adjustments to my car, but this one refinement seems worth it!
Thanks! I doubt you'll see many photos on this site with the original markers or US height.......... your dealer should give you the side markers - they have them in stock - go back to him and say "Hey, how come you didn't tell me about the clear markers and now I look like a punk" He'll claim compliance with some law, but will swap em out for free.....

Then get some H&R springs and drop it... don't worry about scraping, just be careful of the "dipped" driveways etc...

Post photos...

Old 03-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned
jimdarcy is infamous around these parts
Here's mine with amber marker/white bulb

here's it is with Clear marker/clear bulb

I think it looks best when you use the clear bulb in the clear marker.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
jrloM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Here's mine with amber marker/white bulb

here's it is with Clear marker/clear bulb

I think it looks best when you use the clear bulb in the clear marker.
very nice TT you got there!

what kind of clear bulb and where did you get it? that's definitely the look i'm after. does it still blink amber?

Old 03-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Banned
jimdarcy is infamous around these parts
The OEM markers have a clear bulb inside the amber marker, when you recieve the clear marker it will have an amber bulb. It is very easy to swap bulbs to end up with a clear bulb inside a clear marker. very easy and looks the best IMO

Old 03-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Illinicane is infamous around these parts
The OEM markers have a clear bulb inside the amber marker, when you recieve the clear marker it will have an amber bulb. It is very easy to swap bulbs to end up with a clear bulb inside a clear marker. very easy and looks the best IMO
Good to know! Thanks!

PS, I have ordered from bumperplugs.com and can not wait to get the clear ones in!!

Thanks to all for helping me with this decision.

Last edited by Illinicane; 03-21-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:36 PM
jrloM3 is infamous around these parts
SWEET!!! just the answer i was looking for. i should have mine this week. can't wait to lose those amber markers. thanks!

Old 03-19-2007, 09:11 PM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts

Some of you may not be aware that AMBER side markers are the LAW
here in the US.
That's why ALL cars have them .
Clear lenses apparently are OK, but I suggest you leave the amber bulbs
that they come with in them (at least when you go for inspection )

Old 03-19-2007, 09:22 PM
RedRocket is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JCS
Some of you may not be aware that AMBER side markers are the LAW
here in the US.
That's why ALL cars have them .
Clear lenses apparently are OK, but I suggest you leave the amber bulbs
that they come with in them (at least when you go for inspection )

ahh...you beat me to it.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:25 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
My dealership threw in the clear sidemarkers when I bought the car. Try asking to see if they'll do the same for you.

My bulbs are also clear but flash amber. None of that "fried egg" look.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Vegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to behold
Just got back from the dealer with the clears installed. I went in to buy a sunshade(which they didn't have...), and left with clears instead. Looks awesome. The rear of the marker on the right hand side of the car is sticking out a little further than the left. It's not a big deal and it's definitely in there snug, I just wonder whether the rear(next to the wheelwell) part of the marker is sitting on top of a track instead of behind it. I don't want to F with it as I'll probably scratch the car like a bonehead. On my Seal Gray it looks SOOOO much cleaner.

Peter

Old 03-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Illinicane is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vegas
Just got back from the dealer with the clears installed. I went in to buy a sunshade(which they didn't have...), and left with clears instead. Looks awesome. The rear of the marker on the right hand side of the car is sticking out a little further than the left. It's not a big deal and it's definitely in there snug, I just wonder whether the rear(next to the wheelwell) part of the marker is sitting on top of a track instead of behind it. I don't want to F with it as I'll probably scratch the car like a bonehead. On my Seal Gray it looks SOOOO much cleaner.

Peter
Peter,

Let's see the goods man! Some pics, so we can see what it looks like on Seal Gray!

Old 03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911_997S
i got mine from beverly hills motorsports for $75, i believe they are 99 @ the dealer, either way well worth it
Not only were you overly taken advantage of, my brother.

YOU WERE USED.

I'd tell the parts guy he's a real tool. You were severely overcharged.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Vegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to beholdVegas is a splendid one to behold
Ask and you shall receive. Snapped this an hour ago.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:33 PM
I paid $46 including tax.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:49 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
My salesman put some in when I pick my car up..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed clear sidemarkers?