997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Has anyone installed clear sidemarkers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Illinicane is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by taratko
illinicane:

I hope to do a few of the Napleton DE events, but not sure which. HAve you met Shawn Young at Napleton? He has partial memberships available for Mondays at the Autobahn. He also is one of the instructors for the DE events. Good guy, fine driver. You'll like all the instructors, in particular Doc Bundy from PDE in Birmingham.

It would be fun to try to embed a 6-Speed group in a DE event through Napleton. Let's wait to see the dates and see if we can match up.

Tom Ratko
Tom,

Shawn sold me my car!! Nice guy to say the least! I am all set up to go to the track on Sept 18th! Got the invitation by Ron (mgr) at the dealership.

Finally put the clear side markers on yesterday (purchased them from bumperplugs). I also put the silver crest on the hood. Car looks great, just need to get a nice day out there for pics.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:08 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
"Free" from a dealer

Old 04-15-2007, 04:18 PM
500 is infamous around these parts500 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Illinicane
Glad I have them on order from Eric at bumperplugs.com!!
Eric is awesome...he has helped with the markers and some paint formulas as well

Old 04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Banned
jimdarcy is infamous around these parts
[quote=Illinicane]Tom,

Finally put the clear side markers on yesterday (purchased them from bumperplugs). I also put the silver crest on the hood. Car looks great, just need to get a nice day out there for pics.

Where did you buy the Silver Crest, I have been looking for one.

thanks
Jim

Old 04-15-2007, 06:51 PM
I believe bumperplugs has them. I was fortunate to have mine given to me by a forum member, crocrr.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Illinicane
I believe bumperplugs has them. I was fortunate to have mine given to me by a forum member, crocrr.
ok thanks
looks like today is going to be a good driving day!
Jim

Old 04-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Beautiful day here in Chicago. You are right, if there was a day to be out in a great looking and driving car, today one be one.

Have fun Jim!! If you want to see the crest "live" let me know, and perhaps we can meet somewhere.

Jose.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Banned
sounds like a plan, I am occasionaly in the Hinsdale area. will give you a shout next time.
Best
Jim

Old 04-23-2007, 07:07 PM
hdsr09 is infamous around these parts
Anyone know where I can get non-orange bulbs to "Clear Out" my lights?

Anyone know of a good source for clear bulbs to replace the orange bulbs in a 997?

Old 04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hdsr09
Anyone know of a good source for clear bulbs to replace the orange bulbs in a 997?
See post #19 in this thread - looks like the amber markers have a clear bulb you can use in your clear markers.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
See post #19 in this thread - looks like the amber markers have a clear bulb you can use in your clear markers.
thats right swap the bulbs and you are all set!

Old 04-23-2007, 08:16 PM
hdsr09 is infamous around these parts
Haha. Thanx guys. My car came with the clear sidemarker lenses, so I guess I gotta go down to Porsche and buy the clear bulbs. Does anyone know the part number for the sidemarker bulbs? Can I get them from Wal-Mart or Checkers? If so, does anyone have the universal part number for the bulbs?

Old 05-06-2007, 04:53 PM
tsmithmdtx is infamous around these parts
Ok, so I got my 997S last week and my clear side markers from bumperplugs.com today. I tried to take the OEM marker off and got it loose but it is attached by some wiring (obviously the electrical). Does that just pull out or do I need some tool? Does the side marker slide out towards the wheel well or pull straight out to get it off? Thanks.

Old 05-06-2007, 05:57 PM
jrloM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tsmithmdtx
Ok, so I got my 997S last week and my clear side markers from bumperplugs.com today. I tried to take the OEM marker off and got it loose but it is attached by some wiring (obviously the electrical). Does that just pull out or do I need some tool? Does the side marker slide out towards the wheel well or pull straight out to get it off? Thanks.
you don't not need any tools. slide the marker towards the wheel well (you'll need to apply a decent amount of pressure on the marker), then using your fingers, get a good grip on the side opposite the wheel well and pull it out. just go slowly. once the marker is out you can disconnect the bulb by twisting the bulb housing counter-clockwise.

i'd recommend keeping the clear oem bulb and inserting it into your clear marker for a much cleaner look.

have fun!

Old 05-06-2007, 06:05 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I'd go with the Hoen chromium replacement, looks stealth, shines amber - just like stock.

www.hoen-usa.com