997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Couldn't Find A Shop To Install EVOMS S/C Kit... =(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:58 PM
hdsr09 is on a distinguished road
Couldn't Find A Shop To Install EVOMS S/C Kit... =(

Just wanted to vent... I couldn't and still can't find a shop that will install an EVOMS S/C Kit on my 997 here in Hawaii... I can't even be picky about who works on my car, cause to do that there would have to be more than 1 shop that would do the install... Hawaii is GAY when it comes to shops and working on a P-Car...

Volx German never got back to me (Horrible at returning phone calls to customers wanting to spend big bucks. WTF?) and they are SUPPOSED to be a distributor for VF Engineering, which I believe helped in getting the EVOMS kit put together... Only other option is to try and hire 1 of the 2 Porsche mechanics we have in Hawaii on the side... Have yet to get in touch with either of them... Don't want to go through the dealer, as I don't feel like getting a 2nd a$$hole installed on myself just yet...

BTW, The parts guy @ Porsche of Honolulu was trying his best to warn me to NOT have the kit installed, as he said that non-turbo Porsche motors cannot handle the power and would basically go KABOOM... Then again, he also said he has never seen a S/C Porsche before, and he believes there to be ZERO in the state of Hawaii as of yet... I am still hopeful to be the first... We'll see I guess...

Old 03-26-2007, 10:39 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I beleive Dave@EFI lives in hawaii and has some experience with mods. You might want to hit him up. The parts guy does not know what he is talking about.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Uhhh.... What is EFI? How do I contact him?

Old 03-27-2007, 04:35 AM
mishref will become famous soon enough
Old 03-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
what about your Porsche dealer?
mines here in Bs.As. can install it!

Old 03-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Hmmm.... One of my best friends from 12 years ago is in that car club... He is the guy with the red 2003 Corvette Z06... I think he sold it though... I will call my friend and see if he can get me in touch with that guy Dave...

Originally Posted by mishref

Old 03-27-2007, 05:22 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Dave is a 6speeder, you can pm him here Dave@EFI is his username.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:59 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
Supercharged 997 on Oahu? Every time I've been to your island, I don't think I've been able to get the rental car over 50 (no not a Yugo, a car capable of 150). Love the island, but the traffic and roads... Dealer has a good point suggesting the voiding of warranty - if you have any engine issues you'd surely be on your own.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hdsr09
Just wanted to vent... I couldn't and still can't find a shop that will install an EVOMS S/C Kit on my 997 here in Hawaii... I can't even be picky about who works on my car, cause to do that there would have to be more than 1 shop that would do the install... Hawaii is GAY when it comes to shops and working on a P-Car...

Volx German never got back to me (Horrible at returning phone calls to customers wanting to spend big bucks. WTF?) and they are SUPPOSED to be a distributor for VF Engineering, which I believe helped in getting the EVOMS kit put together... Only other option is to try and hire 1 of the 2 Porsche mechanics we have in Hawaii on the side... Have yet to get in touch with either of them... Don't want to go through the dealer, as I don't feel like getting a 2nd a$$hole installed on myself just yet...

BTW, The parts guy @ Porsche of Honolulu was trying his best to warn me to NOT have the kit installed, as he said that non-turbo Porsche motors cannot handle the power and would basically go KABOOM... Then again, he also said he has never seen a S/C Porsche before, and he believes there to be ZERO in the state of Hawaii as of yet... I am still hopeful to be the first... We'll see I guess...

We are only a short boat ride away across the pond

Old 03-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is on a distinguished road
I know that you have been trying hard to get someone to put that kit in for you. I am very surprised that you have been having so many problems. I will still honor the group buy pricing for you if you can find someone to install the kit.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Thank you Nate. I will let you know who I find... I got several people who gave me leads to find capable individuals, but I need to follow up and see if they are indeed reliable...

Old 03-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Former Vendor
Nate@EVO is on a distinguished road
Well apparently my boys at RPM in NY stepped up big and offered to send out their head Porsche tech to Hawaii to do the install. The only thing they need to workout is where to install the kit and if the customer accepts the arrangements. I gave a reference to a shop I have worked with in the past in Honolulu as a place to possibly do the install. In any case, RPM really stepped up on this one.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:41 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
You would be crazy to put your car in frieght opposed to send a tech out to do the work, if you find a slow shop with tools I'm sure they would be happy to sit and watch there open lift be used for a small premium, nates got good taste with rpms tech when I was there he was doing a really really clean instal on a 4s it might be worth it to take them up on it or just inquire about it. Russ is a cool guy and seams real reasonable.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:55 AM
Ok. Could you please give me a call Nate and let me know what the arrangments would run...

Old 04-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jrgatfh has a spectacular aura aboutjrgatfh has a spectacular aura about
RPM is an awesome shop with awesome techs. Adam has been in the Porsche game for over 20 years, and just watching him work on cars is exiciting. I think I could watch him do it all day long. He knows so much its amazing. I've seen him install S/Cer's on 2 different 997S's and they both came out perfect. If I was you I'd take them up on there offer. Its not often you see shops willing to send out techs especially as skilled a tech as RPM has. Russ and the guys ate RPM are real top notch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Couldn't Find A Shop To Install EVOMS S/C Kit... =(