997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Window Tint Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 AM
rightlook is on a distinguished road
Window Tint Thoughts?

thinking of getting her tinted. What do you guys think of a real light tint just to help get rid of the "green" glass look. I am thinking about something in a 50% range. Might even go darker but don't want visability issues at night OR to get pulled over and have to remove. In Cal.

Would like to hear some thoughts on this.

--Stephen

Last edited by rightlook; 04-09-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:31 AM
mishref will become famous soon enough
I have 35% and have no visibility issues. At times it feel it can be a tad dark; but it hasn't caused any issues.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I have 50% on the sides and 35% on the back glass (legal in VA). It looks good - if you have a dark interior, it looks darker than it is. I don't have a good full-side shot, but this will give you an idea (and it was taken on a VERY sunny day):

Old 04-09-2007, 09:47 AM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
Here is Seal Grey over Stone grey on a sunny day. 50% front, 35% rear

Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 58spdstr
Here is Seal Grey over Stone grey on a sunny day. 50% front, 35% rear
That's a great shot - that's exactly what my tint is and looks like...

Old 04-09-2007, 10:34 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i always get 20% and love it.
i don't like people from outside to look in. helps keep road rage out, breaking in is a bit harder also and keeps interior super nice & kewl in good hot dayz.

i think tint is the next best thing to sliced bread.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
i always get 20% and love it.
i don't like people from outside to look in. helps keep road rage out, breaking in is a bit harder also and keeps interior super nice & kewl in good hot dayz.

i think tint is the next best thing to sliced bread.
Aren't you worried about the FFX County ********* bothering you??

Old 04-09-2007, 12:36 PM
rightlook is on a distinguished road
Nice Pics

Thanks for the pics guys! So helpful! Would love to see more if anyone has them handy. Maybe I will go 50% on the sides and 35% on the back?? Looks good in the pics.

--Stephen

Old 04-09-2007, 01:09 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Aren't you worried about the FFX County ********* bothering you??
i honest haven't had issues. if i see them i open the sunroof and turn the lights on inside so it makes it look lighter since i have more light coming in from sunroof and/or from the light. plus if i get hassled too much, i will just get a doctor's note since i have astigmatism and am have photophobia (meaning lights scare me).

Old 04-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Limo tint over all of my windows on top of the factory 20% privacy glass. No one can see in, but you can see out.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:12 PM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HD Jimbo
Limo tint over all of my windows on top of the factory 20% privacy glass. No one can see in, but you can see out.
Badass.

Also, try say Tint Thoughts a couppla times quickly why don'tcha!

Old 04-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jox
Badass.

Also, try say Tint Thoughts a couppla times quickly why don'tcha!
You're too much.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
I've got 5% all around, in the People's Republik of California for the last four years with no problems. Knock on wood. I love how dark it is and that nobody can see in. I can drive it at night with no problems.

I think tint really depends on how dark your car is. If you have a black or dark grey car, a lighter tint (20-50%) will look darker than it would on a light colored car.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Gramicci101
I've got 5% all around, in the People's Republik of California for the last four years with no problems. Knock on wood. I love how dark it is and that nobody can see in. I can drive it at night with no problems.

I think tint really depends on how dark your car is. If you have a black or dark grey car, a lighter tint (20-50%) will look darker than it would on a light colored car.
Exactly. The first night I had my tint installed, it took a couple of miles to get used to it, but now, when I get into a vehicle without it, I feel naked.

It's fun to drive around and stare at people and see them trying to look in, but they can't see a damn thing.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by HD Jimbo
we had 5% tint on a m3 before with a big strip in the front window.
it was slick. loved being inside a hot summer day. it was FANTASTIC.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Window Tint Thoughts?