997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Zenon like light bulb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 10:19 PM
akinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud of
Zenon like light bulb

Can any one recomend a brighter light bulb for the 997.

I want an easy fix with out going thru the trouble and money of installing the Zenon system.

I was told if it's not compatible, the wrong bulb can screw up the whole lighting system.

Thanks

Old 04-24-2007, 10:56 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by akinla
Can any one recomend a brighter light bulb for the 997.

I want an easy fix with out going thru the trouble and money of installing the Zenon system.

I was told if it's not compatible, the wrong bulb can screw up the whole lighting system.

Thanks
http://www.hoen-usa.com/

Old 04-25-2007, 07:48 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
When I had my M3, changing the halogen bulbs to a Hella Xenon Extreme made a huge difference. About $75 for all 4 bulbs (brights too). I got the S for the engine and brakes, would have rather had halogens...

Old 04-25-2007, 08:31 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
it's Xenon and i would honestly opt for OEM retro than put a light bulb in a gt3. The light buld gives the bluish look but never achieve the kelvin of Xenon light which at 4300 kelvin is close to day light. The bulbs in most cases will give you fuzzy bright spectrum of light nothing more.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:19 AM
jfabes is on a distinguished road
don't waste your money on any of those bluish/white bulbs....all they do is give you the hid color but they actually reduce light output (lumens) on the road.

your best bet is to buy a retro kit with the standard 4300k bulbs, but if you want more color with little degradation in light output, go with 6000k bulbs. the only disadvantage with an aftermarket kit is that you won't have the bi-xenon feature (hi/low beams) as that's built-in to the projector housing (at least it is on my m3).

you should give the delaer a call and ask them how much the complete system would cost....headlight housings (auto leveling and hi/low beams), bulbs, ballasts, and igniters. When I had my boxster a few years back, i upgraded to the litronics from halogens...it was simple plug-n-play for the entire housing and cost about $1000 for everything you need in one kit.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:41 PM
akinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud ofakinla has much to be proud of
Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, I am ignorant about all the different types and choices.

Do you guys know of anyone in the LA area that can help me out with the choices and do the installation.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:44 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
ping Arling at Lucent.
he's a sponsor on your right.