American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

2003 boxster s or 2003 c5 z06

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 07:37 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
^thanks for the input guys...i think i am going to go with the boxster S as it is a better overall car for my needs...

Old 02-15-2008, 08:24 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Boxster S and take the RS4 guy out on the twisties and then ask him if it's a 'chick car'.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:38 AM
easyc is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mr.Big
ou are correct, it won't... my bad (Brake) ooooops... Thanks for the help... however, it also won't bUy you the ability to surpress the need to correct others... and yes, you will want to correct my post, I can feel it as I type each word...

"jokingly (mater)" looks like you could use the spell check I didn't buy
Touché my friend...

Old 02-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Originally Posted by 96BeaSSt
I agree, but if I'm going to go out on a track, I do not want to be in a convertible, it's unneccessary weight, if it was a coupe, it would be lighter (and more stable).
May be the case for other convertibles, but stability isn't an issue in the Boxster S. It handles great.
Have you ever driven one?
It is a lot more refined than a Z06.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !Cannonball996 Is a GOD !
I have had corvettes in the past, and the little things always go wrong with them, things will start to rattle then fall apart in the interior. after you have driven one a few years you start to notice that it really is a cheap car.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:40 PM
james6290 is infamous around these parts
Whoever thinks the Boxter is a chicks car is full of it. I would say convertibles in general are more associated with ladies because more ladies own convertibles than men. HOWEVER, it all depends on who is driving it and their driving style, oh, and mods. Any car can be pulled off by anyone, with the exception of a VW Beetle, a guy cannot pull that off.

But back to the OP's question, I have driven both and enjoyed both. I would go for whatever car fits you best and whatever car you can get a better deal on. If you live it a hot climate, go for the vert. If you are a bigger dude, go for the Vette. If you want a car to go around the turns in and enjoy a sunday morning, go for the tiny quick Boxter. If you are looking for something to mod and drift around the corners in, go for the vette. Boxter will prob holds it's value better depending on how long you want to keep it.... Keep us posted on what you choose!

Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by easyc
Wow... I didn't make a personal attack. I hate people making ignorant shots at Boxsters... SO i in a jokingly mater, I said something about the idea of putting a set of ultra lightweight wheels for what is a heavy car. I also put my two cents on Slavik's question in two different threads. Also... Even though your wheels don't cost as much as my car, I do hope you have gotten your money worth...

You're right times a billion. He just spazed. It only makes me wonder how a 27 year old can afford to do that to an RS4 and own an M6 at the same time... Trust Fund baby?

Old 02-18-2008, 08:24 AM
mchctsV is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by james6290
You're right times a billion. He just spazed. It only makes me wonder how a 27 year old can afford to do that to an RS4 and own an M6 at the same time... Trust Fund baby?
no trust fund baby, can you say hater i own my own buisness thank you

Old 02-18-2008, 10:16 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
I had no idea this thread was going to have so much beef....

Old 02-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by mchctsV
no trust fund baby, can you say hater i own my own buisness thank you
I can say hater, all though I would not qualify myself as one. I would go with skeptical as the word of choice. Congratulations on the fact that you were able to get the money for the cars but few people can do that and even fewer have. I was not saying you were a trust fun baby but when young kids own nice cars that is the usually the truth. I know a kid (age 19) who owns two ferraris and a BMW and the only thing his parents have paid for is insurance.... and your welcome.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:01 AM
97GtsMonster is infamous around these parts
go get a 2000-2003 bmw m5 and smoke a boxter and be close to a z06 the m5 stock runs low 13's then you have a 4 door to play with