American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Documenting my C6 ZO6 build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Well, the motor is now running and they've started the break-in period. Tuning should be started tomorrow or Monday.

After tuning is complete, the powdercoating/polishing/finishing touches to the motor will be taken care of, as well as the installation of the axles and misc interior parts. Once my new wheels and tires come in, the suspension and corner-balancing will be finally taken care of.

Here a few new pics, including the last one which shows all of the different the components of the S/C system. The entire setup (after all of the other stock parts are removed and/or replaced) only adds 60 lbs to the weight of the car.

Trading an extra 60 lbs for an extra 400+ crank HP is a pretty fair deal in my opinion.

Attached Images    

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-22-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:42 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Looking really nice bro,give me a call when you get back.Lots of luck with it!

Old 11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Looking really nice bro,give me a call when you get back.Lots of luck with it!
Thanks, bro. Will do. I hope all is well.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:43 AM
BCBowers is on a distinguished road
Awesome build... thanks for getting me out of purgatory

Old 11-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by BCBowers
Awesome build... thanks for getting me out of purgatory
Ha, ha...my pleasure. Welcome to 6-speed.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:00 PM
2bscrewed is on a distinguished road
Well where's the number at?

Old 11-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by 2bscrewed
Well where's the number at?
When I get it, Shane...you'll be one of the first to know.

Engine and clutch break-in should be completed today or tomorrow. Then dyno-tuning.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:11 AM
Here's a quick vid of the car running untuned. Tuning should be complete this week.

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCN3174.flv

Attached Images  

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-30-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:57 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Getting close. Too bad you have to wait so long before you get a chance to drive it. It should be a monster.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:48 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
should be a real monster. I love how it whines.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:50 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
sounds great...cant wait to see it in action...

Old 12-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Attached are some pics of the blower and the new hood.

Tuning has been delayed so far due to bad weather. The roads need to be dry to properly break the clutch in, and the clutch needs to be broken in before they can properly dyno tune it. The weather cleared up a bit yesterday and hopefully it stay that way for a few days.

Still waiting on my wheels to arrive...

Attached Images    

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 12-03-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:54 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
This is really coming together nicely! The new hood looks mean as hell!! Your plate should read ZR1 ETR

Old 12-07-2008, 09:45 PM
VetteFish is a glorious beacon of lightVetteFish is a glorious beacon of lightVetteFish is a glorious beacon of lightVetteFish is a glorious beacon of lightVetteFish is a glorious beacon of light
really looking forward to hearing these numbers

Old 12-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Joe C is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Looks like it's going to be a beast Scott. Looking forward to numbers and pics with the new wheels

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Documenting my C6 ZO6 build