American Muscle Everything from a Cadillac Escalade to a new Ford GT to a classic C1 Corvette

Holden Commodore SSV Resto-Mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stacygrk
My GTO/MONARO

Sharp looking car! Personally I would ditch the GTO badges on the quarters.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:52 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Nice work man! Minus the wheels I like it alot.

But, that is not a resto-mod. A resto-mod is a old car with modern drivetrain....

Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by SINISTR
Nice work man! Minus the wheels I like it alot.

But, that is not a resto-mod. A resto-mod is a old car with modern drivetrain....
Thanks for the comment. The wheels will be gone next week!

The resto-mod reference is a little tongue in cheek. Since Pontiac messed up the car, I am restoring it to it's original condition, and modifying it at the same time.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:06 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
So it's a G8 with an exhaust, intake and tune.......

What are the power numbers?

Nicely done!

+rep

Old 02-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Motor wise it is a 6.0 Liter L76 (LS3 with DoD heads) plus Corsa Cat-Back, Roto-Fab CAI, and a Vector Motorsports Tune. It goes on the dyno Thursday as I am adding a little more flow to her. Will post numbers Friday. Probably a stretch but thinking somewhere north of 370whp.

Originally Posted by UMADBRO
So it's a G8 with an exhaust, intake and tune.......

What are the power numbers?

Nicely done!

+rep

Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Well done. Car looks sharp, but I would go with a different set of wheels personally.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by ORYX
Well done. Car looks sharp, but I would go with a different set of wheels personally.
I bought the wheels second hand. Didn't really like them from the start, but for the price I paid for 20's they did the job. 3 Piece Forged Staggered 20's will be on the car as soon as I can find someone to roll my fenders.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:28 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Christiancoach
I bought the wheels second hand. Didn't really like them from the start, but for the price I paid for 20's they did the job. 3 Piece Forged Staggered 20's will be on the car as soon as I can find someone to roll my fenders.
Rent/buy a fender roller and do it yourself. Or any body shop can do it for like $100.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by SINISTR
Rent/buy a fender roller and do it yourself. Or any body shop can do it for like $100.
I finally found someone to do it. I would do it myself, but the factory paint on this car is horrible at best. The fender lip is double thickness and has welds right smack in the middle. This ia a job for and expert!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:23 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, fender rolling isn't as easy as just renting the equipment and doing it yourself......we're not exactly talking about an 87 Chevy IROC! depending on the car and the paint, cutting is sometims a better option because the paint can crack. Good luck, and have someone with experience do it!

Old 02-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Just rolled her on the dyno this morning to get some before numbers, long tube headers going on today. Thought it would be a little higher. I guess we all probably do!
Before:
Vector Motorsports 91 Octane Tune
Roto-Fab CAI
Corsa Cat Back
4th Gear Pull
328whp / 340lbs

Will post with Kooks Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats numbers tonight.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Headers and FF cats should make a huge difference! I'm curious about the tune........are you maxed out as far as timing, duty cycle etc.?

Good luck and keep us posted

Old 02-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Yeah, fender rolling isn't as easy as just renting the equipment and doing it yourself......we're not exactly talking about an 87 Chevy IROC! depending on the car and the paint, cutting is sometims a better option because the paint can crack. Good luck, and have someone with experience do it!
I've done about 5 cars with them. It's easy, it bolt's up to the studs on the car and you crank and roll. I've done everything from a '70 Chevelle to a '08 7 Series.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Christiancoach
Just rolled her on the dyno this morning to get some before numbers, long tube headers going on today. Thought it would be a little higher. I guess we all probably do!
Before:
Vector Motorsports 91 Octane Tune
Roto-Fab CAI
Corsa Cat Back
4th Gear Pull
328whp / 340lbs

Will post with Kooks Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats numbers tonight.
Isn't Vector a mail order tune? You would have gained more if you did a 93 tune as well. Just go for it, 93 will cost you like $2 more a tank then 91.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Nine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud ofNine Ball has much to be proud of
I like the Holden designs much better. I did a similar conversion on my previous GTO. Even added the Australian APS twin-turbo kit while I was at it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Holden Commodore SSV Resto-Mod